LPN OR RN - SoFHA OB/GYN JOHNSON CITY - FULL-TIME
State of Franklin Healthcare Associates Johnson City, TN
- Posted: over a month ago
State of Franklin Healthcare Associates is currently seeking a Full-Time Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
or Registered Nurse (RN) to join our SoFHA OB/GYN Johnson City Team
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) collaborates with providers in the delivery of quality patient care and service by maintaining patient flow, escorting patients through the clinic, identifying patient needs, collecting/verifying information, administering medications, providing health education and other information, answering patient questions, resolving issues or concerns, updating electronic medical records, implementing methods as directed to improve care and the patient experience, maintaining exam/treatment rooms and ordering related supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Patient Care and Service
- Collaborates with providers in assessing, planning and implementing care for individual patients.
- Escorts patients to and from exam rooms, provider offices and treatment rooms as appropriate in a polite and friendly manner.
- Maintains patient flow in order to help the provider be as efficient as possible.
- Records patient data prior to each visit, including but not limited to: vital signs, height, weight, allergies, medication and reason for the visit.
- Informs patients about delays and wait times.
- Administers subcutaneous, intramuscular injections and IV Therapy (if certified and applicable).
- Obtains blood specimens from peripheral sites as needed and in accordance with OSHA and universal precautions.
- Assists providers with patient examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures.
- Cleans and sterilizes exam or procedure room and instruments.
- Submits electronic prescriptions and makes other patient calls as directed by providers.
- Requests and evaluates lab tests as indicated by patient status and practice protocol.
- Schedules patient tests, procedures, hospital admissions and appointments to follow-up on receipt of test results as applicable.
- Escalates any unusual patient behavior to provider as appropriate.
- Instructs patients and families regarding medications and treatment.
- Supports positive self-care activities for patients.
- Assists with delegated patient education, including but not limited to distributing educational literature.
- Documents all activities/interventions, patient/family responses and medication dispensed or prescribed in medical record.
- Obtains new patient records, previous test results, x-rays, scans and other records required by provider.
- Verifies presence of consent prior to treatment or procedures.
- Answers patient telephone calls for referral to providers.
- Arranges for pre-authorizations and pre-certifications as needed.
- Informs providers of patient rescheduling and no shows.
- Performs other administrative duties such as typing, filing, faxing, reception, etc. as requested by supervisor or provider.
- Schedules, coordinates and reschedules patient appointments.
Room and Supply Maintenance
- Prepares and stocks exam/treatment rooms for patient use.
- Orders supplies as needed.
- Maintains all exam/treatment room disinfection protocols.
- Compiles information and prepares reports.
- Maintains records.
- Participates in educational activities.
- Follows organizational policies and procedures, including State of Franklin Healthcare Associates Compliance Manual, Code of Ethics and Business Standards, HR Policies and Procedures Manual, Team Member Handbook, OSHA Manual and any other policies or procedures for the job function, department, location or clinic.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED and graduate of an approved school of nursing.
Previous experience in a medical office or healthcare setting desired but not required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid license to practice in the state of employment and current CPR certification required. IV Certification is desired.
Service: Demonstrates high standards of service to patients, physicians, team members and other departments; remains calm when faced with challenging or difficult situations; effectively resolves service issues.
Quality: Work is thorough and accurate; offers ideas and solutions to improve outcomes and enhance service; considers the situation and relevant information before taking action; effectively implements improvements.
Integrity: Acts with the highest levels of personal ethics, honesty and accountability.
Performance: Applies job specific knowledge, skills and experience to accomplish results; requires appropriate level of supervision; work is completed in a timely manner; uses sound judgment in decision-making; is reliable and dependable; utilizes time and resources responsibly; complies with policies and procedures; work area is organized, neat and clean.
Communication: Expresses facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner; listens effectively; professional, respectful and compassionate in communications with others; follows proper channels of communication and shares essential information timely; maintains appropriate confidentiality.
Teamwork: Builds and maintains effective working relationships; recognizes strengths and contribution of others; manages and resolves conflicts in a positive and constructive manner.
Work is performed in a medical office environment involving contact with patients, physicians, staff, insurance carriers and other business partners. Frequent exposure to patient care areas. Work environment can be fast-paced with emotionally charged situations, requiring a high level of concentration and appropriate balance of conflicting priorities and multiple tasks. Occasional local travel between work sites and additional hours, including evening or weekend work, may be necessary.
up to 10 lbs
up to 25 lbs
up to 50 lbs
Additional Physical Requirements or Comments:
State of Franklin Healthcare Associates reserves the right to alter, change or modify this job description at any time, with our without notice. The duties and responsibilities contained herein are considered representative, but not necessarily all-inclusive, of the duties and responsibilities, which may be required of a job incumbent. All other categorizations contained herein are meant to be representative of the general environment or working conditions in which the job is performed.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
State of Franklin Healthcare Associates
AddressJohnson City, TN
HealthcareView all jobs at State of Franklin Healthcare Associates