Requisition No: 75761
Agency: Economic Opportunity
Working Title: 75761 - ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I - 40047151
Position Number: 40047151
Posting Closing Date: 09/29/2019
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME / CAREER SERVICE
POSITION LOCATION: Miami, FL (relocation benefits are not available for this position)
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) works across the state to support Florida’s economy, robust and talented workforce and our local communities. DEO is dedicated to making a stronger and more resilient Florida, so our businesses, communities and workforce are better prepared to withstand future economic slowdowns and natural disasters. DEO is focusing our efforts to help Floridians rebuild their homes and lives after the devastating impacts of Hurricanes Irma and Michael.
WHAT MAKES DEO UNIQUE AND A GREAT PLACE TO WORK?
* Highly skilled, professional environment *Healthcare Benefits
* Ongoing comprehensive training provided *Leave Benefits
* Student Loan Forgiveness Program(Eligibility Required) *Career Growth
* Tuition Fee Waivers (Accepted by major Florida colleges/universities)
- We care about the success of our employees.
- We care about the success of our clients.
- We are always improving our technology, our tools, our customer’s experiences and ourselves.
- A rewarding experience for reliable, compassionate and professional employees.
As a condition of pre-employment eligibility, a Level 2 security background screening is required, which consists of fingerprinting and a check of local, state and national law enforcement records.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION RESPONSES TO THE QUALIFYING QUESTIONS ARE REQUIRED AND MUST BE VERIFIABLE BASED ON YOUR SUBMITTED APPLICATION.
THIS POSITION HAS THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of administrative principles and practices.
- Knowledge of office procedures and practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Skilled and accurate typist.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare correspondence and administrative reports
- Filing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Ability to keep confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to understand, interpret & apply applicable rules, regulations, policies & procedures
- Ability to prepare correspondence and administrative reports
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments
THE HIRED CANDIDATE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING
- This is a support position assigned to the Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) Administrative Office that requires the performance of independent duties in assisting DEO management staff, senior team members of the Workforce Board (including the Executive Director) in providing analysis and research on a variety of administrative matters.
- Performs all support services that include spreadsheets, graphics, typing, faxing, copying, collating, telephoning and emailing all communications from the DEO Administrative Office to multiple service providers, as well as DEO and Workforce staff.
- Maintains current relative information, i.e., names, titles, addresses, telephone number and email addresses for all communications to multiple providers, political leaders, politicians, non-profit agencies, community based organizations, as well as DEO and Workforce Board staff. Also maintains current information relative to Agency policies, procedures and programs.
- Performs special assignments, research and report preparation for the DEO Administrative Office.
- Performs routing fiscal, purchasing, statistical, reporting and other major office functions.
- Serves as Time and Requisition Manager for agency staff.
- Performs related duties as required.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS THAT MAY BE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
- Must become certified as a Workforce Development Professional (Tier 1) within 12 months of appointment.
- Required to travel locally and must furnish own transportation.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO THOSE APPLICANTS THAT HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- A master's degree from an accredited college or university in business, public administration, communications, education or one of the social or behavioral sciences may substitute for one year required experience.
- Professional or nonprofessional experience as described above can substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required college education. Career fields related to employment security: interviewing, counseling, job placement, aptitude testing and assessments, job development with employers, job analysis, and employment development planning.
At DEO, we salute our heroes. We are honored to have the opportunity to support our nation’s veterans and their family members by encouraging them to apply for positions at DEO that fit their skill sets. Let DEO’s mission become yours.
This position’s advertisement may also be viewed by registering on the Employ Florida website at http://www.employflorida.com/.
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. (TTY/TDD 1-800-955-8771 or the Florida Relay Service – 711.)
If you think you have been subjected to unlawful discrimination, you may file a complaint within 180 days from the date of the alleged violation with either the recipient’s Equal Opportunity Officer, or the Director, Civil Rights Center:
- Equal Opportunity Officer, Department of Economic Opportunity, Caldwell Building – MSC 150, 107 East Madison Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-4129; or
- Director, Civil Rights Center (CRC), U.S. Department of Labor, 200 Constitution Avenue NW, Room N-4123, Washington, DC 20210.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.