The incumbent is responsible for preparing, submitting, tracking and pursuing Short Term Disability overpayments in conjunction with the Insurance Coverage Office, payroll compliance group and employing organizations. Expected to research and calculate overpaid wages; data enter and maintain spreadsheets; provide guidance, customer service and education/training to HR/Benefit/Payroll representatives via telephone, informational meetings and written communications; maintain procedures; and provide reporting.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
Analyzes, reconciles and consolidates vouchers, records, journals, ledgers and statements.
Monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with budgetary recommendations.
Reviews financial transactions and codes for conformance to standard procedures and accounts.
Compiles, analyzes and prepares a variety of statements and reports for state, special, private or federal funded programs for use in financial, budget and personnel planning.
Develops cost projections based on past records and anticipated activities and makes fiscally sound recommendations.
Applies standardized accounting principles and practices.
Reviews internal accounting policies and procedures and makes recommendations for revisions.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Senior Accountant
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Six months experience in accounting using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Six months experience in compiling, analyzing and interpreting financial data to ensure effective and efficient accounting of funds or to make projections for financial planning.
- Six months experience in creating financial reports which includes combining and presenting financial data from multiple sources in an organized format.
- Six months experience in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Six months experience in using an automated information system to enter, update, modify, delete, retrieve/inquire and report on data.
- Knowledge of staff supervision acquired through course work, academic training, training provided through an employer, or performing as a lead worker overseeing the work of others; OR supervising staff which may include planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others; OR supervising through subordinate supervisors a group of professional, technical, and clerical employees.
State of Delaware
Why Work Here?
We are looking for healthcare professionals to join our team!