Make a Difference!
Now offering Recruitment and Referral Incentives at the Delaware Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS)!
Start or advance your career at DHSS as an ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSE, NURSE CONSULTANT, NURSING SUPERVISOR, COMPLIANCE NURSE, REGISTERED NURSE, LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE, or CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT and qualify for recruitment incentives starting at $1,500. Referral bonuses of $1,000 are available to referring DHSS employees.
The Delaware Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) seeks to increase the number of applicants for clinical nursing positions by offering a recruitment incentive to eligible Advanced Practice Nurse, Nurse Consultant, Nursing Supervisor, Compliance Nurse, Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, and Certified Nursing Assistant candidates in accordance with the DHSS Recruitment and Referral Incentive Program.
The program provides incentives as follows:
- Recruitment incentives are based on the position classification as follows: $6,000 for Advanced Practice Nurses, $5,000 for Nurse Consultants, $5,000 for Nursing Supervisors, $4,500 for Compliance Nurses, $3,500 for Registered Nurses, $2,000 for Licensed Practical Nurses, and $1,500 for Certified Nursing Assistants. Recruitment incentives will be paid in quarterly installments over the first year of hire and will begin after the first quarter of employment. New employees accepting this recruitment bonus must commit to two consecutive years of employment with DHSS.
- Referral bonuses of $1,000 are available to current DHSS employees who refer new hires in the following classifications: Advanced Practice Nurse, Nurse Consultant, Nursing Supervisor, Compliance Nurse, Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, and Certified Nursing Assistant. Referral bonuses of $1,000 will be paid in quarterly installments over the first year of hire of the referred applicant.
NOTE: This program is administered by the Department of Health and Social Services. The program will run through June 30, 2020. This program may be terminated by the State at any time.
The incumbent in this position will provide intensive health and social assessments to clients in their homes under the guidelines of the Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities’ Nurse Navigator Program. The nurse navigator provides case management services to individuals with Alzheimer’s disease /related dementias and their families/ caregivers. Nurse navigators carry a caseload and will advocate for and educate clients, caregivers and families through facilitation of services, provision of resources, and collaboration with health care providers and agencies. Nurse navigators will develop and implement plans designed to meet the personal, social, and health care needs of the client. Nurse navigator RNs will coordinate with available programs and resources to assist clients to remain safely in their homes or assist with placement in a safer environment.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of every job duty for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Provides or evaluates direct nursing care.
- Develops, implements and/or reviews nursing care plans.
- Provides health care instruction and guidance to individuals, families, community groups and/or nursing home facilities in the management of their health care needs.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with other members of the treatment team.
- Prepares and submits records, reports, evaluations and forms.
- Participates in and make recommendations regarding quality assurance activities.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Registered Nurse III
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- At least two years experience as a Registered Nurse in Community or Home Health Care Nursing OR a Bachelors degree or higher in Nursing and at least one year experience as a Registered Nurse in Community or Home Health Care Nursing OR a Masters degree or higher in Nursing.
- Possession of a Delaware Registered Nurse license OR multi-state compact license.
Additional Posting Information
State of Delaware
Why Work Here?
Financial, health & wellness, work-life balance, and career development .
New Castle, DE