State of Delaware Milford, DE
- Posted: over a month ago
- $54,409 Yearly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, dental
The incumbents in these positions conduct surveys of Nursing Homes and Assisted Living facilities. Responsibilities include: ensuring regulatory compliance for State licensure and/or Medicare/Medicaid certification; conducting investigations of complaints and allegations of violations of patient and health care regulations involving Nursing Homes and Assisted Living facilities. In addition, the incumbents prepare and maintain a variety of computerized records, reports and summaries; and may be required to appear at administrative hearings, courts of law, or before boards and commissions.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Conducts survey of facilities and agencies for certification and/or licensure by the State and
- Consults with agencies and facilities to assist them in meeting requirements and improving
overall health care delivery.
- Conduct investigations of complaints against agencies/facilities to include allegations of
violations against health care regulations and patient care.
- Conducts in-service training programs at health care facilities or in the community in order to
educate provides and other interested groups in state-of-the-art health care.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records, reports, and summaries and may be required to
appear in courts of law or before boards and commissions.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Compliance Nurse
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Bachelors degree or higher in Nursing and at least two years experience as a Registered Nurse OR a Masters degree or higher in Nursing and at least one year experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Possession of a Delaware Registered Nurse license OR multi-state compact license.
Additional Posting Information
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our Job Seeker Resources.
DHSS does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
State of DelawareWhy Work Here?
Great benefits and lots of room for growth.
Mission: "Our mission is to attract, select and retain a skilled workforce to provide quality services for Delaware's citizens."
24 N.W. Front St MilfordMilford, DE
HealthcareView all jobs at State of Delaware