The incumbent in this position, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, provides assistance with activities of daily living to intermediate care residents. Duties include: assisting with feeding, toileting and ambulation; monitoring and recording temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure; conducting periodic rounds to ensure the safety and well-being of clients and patients; and other related duties. At Stockley, Care for the Most Innocent Among Us, we allow for small resident/staff ratios for more individualized care for our residents.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Provides mentoring/orientation for newly hired/less experienced staff ensuring assignments are completed.
- Leads individual/group therapeutic processes/discussions involving reality orientation, sensory stimulation, range of motion exercise, and application of splints/braces.
- Participates on interdisciplinary care team providing information about the individual's overall physical condition, abilities, and behavioral characteristics.
- Ensures aseptic integrity of feeding, catheter, and respiratory tubes/devices while assisting individual with personal hygiene.
- Monitors/records temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, nutritional intake/output. Alerts professional staff to significant physical/behavioral changes/irregularities.
- Provides oral/written description of individual's physical/behavioral change.
- Observes client/patient/resident activities, recording/reporting unusual/hazardous behavior. Conducts periodic rounds to ensure safety/well being of clients/patients/residents. Provides written/oral reports to describe unusual incidents.
- Escorts/is responsible for individuals' traveling to social/recreational activities and medical appointments on/off campus.
- Applies appropriate interventions to prevent or de-escalate inappropriate behaviors.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Certified Nursing Assistant
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Delaware certification as a Nursing Assistant or eligibility for a Delaware certification.
Rotating: 6:00am-2:00pm; 2:00pm-10:00pm; 10:00pm-6:00am; Weekends/Holidays Required