# Job Summary
MNsure is seeking to fill a Business Systems Analyst position. This permanent classified position will be part of MNsure's Individual Market Policy, Eligibility and Enrollment (IMPEE) Division. The IMPEE Division manages eligibility and enrollment policy, business system design and operational procedures development for Individual Market programs.
The IMPEE Business Systems Analyst works closely with MNsure, DHS, MN.IT and vendor staff to provide solutions for improving and enhancing business system functionality and operational processes by analyzing and developing system requirements, providing policy and system expertise in developing system design and recommending system controls and protocols for MNsure. This position leads activities across business policy, system and operational business areas to ensure IMPEE programs comply with state and federal requirements.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate all of the following qualifications in their resume:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Policy, Information Technology or other related field.
- At least four (4) years of advanced professional experience leading project teams which must include experience providing business analysis and design for large, complex information technology or policy systems. (A bachelor's degree in a related field may substitute for 1 year of experience OR an advanced degree - Master's, JD, PhD, etc. in a related field may substitute for 18 months of experience.)
- Strong administrative, organizational, and business analysis skills, including time and priority management, sufficient to work on several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment within deadlines.
- Ability to identify and evaluate information/data, conceptualize alternative solutions to complex issues, and convey information to diverse audiences.
- Advanced-level use of MS Office products to include Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel and Outlook.
- Master's degree in Business, Policy, Information Technology or other related field and/or Certification from the International Institute of Business Analysts (or equivalent certification).
- Experience using business process modeling software, or case methodology.
- Experience working with MS Visio, Crystal Reports, MSSQL Express, and MS Dynamics.
- Experience assessing implications of health care reforms at federal and state levels as it relates to business operations and information systems.
- Experience providing business analysis and business design development for complex business projects.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that you clearly describe your experience in the areas listed above.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - MNsure will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
EDUCATION VERIFICATION - Applicants will be required to provide a copy of their high school diploma at time of interview OR copies of their college transcript or college degree/diploma at time of interview. Copies of the college degree/diploma are acceptable ONLY if it clearly identifies the field in which it was earned.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.
How to Apply
Click "Apply" at the bottom of the page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Bob Paulsen at email@example.com.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact Jessica Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- * *
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.
Job Title: Systems Business Analyst - Planning Director State
Location: St. Paul
Job ID: 35274
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 08/30/2019
Closing Date: 09/16/2019
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: MNsure / MNsure - MAPE
Hiring Agency: MNsure / MNsure - MAPE
Division/Unit: MNsure / MNsure Individual Eligibility & Enrollment Operations
Work Shift: Days
Work Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $30.25 - $44.98/hourly; $63,162 - $93,918/annually
Classified Status: Unclassified
End Date: 05/31/2020
Job Class: Planning Director State
Working Title: Systems Business Analyst