# Job Summary
The Department of Natural Resources is currently seeking to fill an Operations Services Regional Manager vacancy. The Operations Services Division is comprised of business operations sections including Management and Budget Services, Human Resources, Management Resources, Operations, Office of Outreach and Communications, and Internal Audit. This position exists to integrate, manage, administer, and implement all Operations Services Division programs, policies, budgets, and operations for the region. The position provides leadership for the Department as a member of the Division and Regional Management Teams to develop and implement the Division's and Department's mission and vision.
- Bachelor's degree, AND five (5) years of managerial or advanced supervisory experience that includes aspects of finance, human resources, safety, or other related activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or closely related field, AND three (3) years managerial or advanced supervisory experience that includes aspects of finance, human resources, safety, or other related activities.
- Knowledge of complex budgeting and financial management processes sufficient to coordinate and articulate budget proposals, prioritize and manage budgets, monitor revenue, administer grants, and interpret budget reports.
- Knowledge of strategic and operational planning procedures sufficient to participate in the development of unit plans, evaluate recommendations and explain proposals, and report to staff, peers, and superiors.
- Ability to interpret and apply related policies, procedures, rules, laws, and regulations sufficient to ensure compliance across the agency.
- Ability to apply broad knowledge to complex issues sufficient to anticipate trends, analyze data, and find solutions that balance long-term demands.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills to direct, develop, and engage staff.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders; experience building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external partners within the space of equity and inclusion.
- Conflict management skills to analyze and resolve ambiguous or controversial situations and make difficult decisions.
- Oral and communication skills sufficient to effectively communicate and present complex information to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to apply systems thinking perspectives and practices.
- Strong computer skills in all standard Microsoft Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to lead through complexity and constrained resources.
- Ability to create a respect- and safety-focused culture that empowers staff to carry out the Department's mission and fosters an environment of positive accountability for performance.
- Advanced degree or other education/training in areas pertinent to the position responsibilities.
- Managerial experience in administering and delivering multiple programs.
- Experience working regularly with or for senior leadership in a governmental unit, including elected and/or appointed officials.
- Strong ability to analyze and summarize diverse information sources.
Occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes and heavy hand tools or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. Even though the weights being lifted may only be a negligible amount, a job is in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling of arm and/or leg controls.
This position requires an unrestricted Class D Driver's License with a clear driving record.
It is policy of the Department of the Natural Resources that all candidates submit to a background check prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
1. Employee Reference Checks
2. SEMA4 Record Check
3. Criminal History Check
4. Education/License Verification
Why Work For Us
The Department of Natural Resources is proud to operate within a Culture of Respect that provides a healthy, safe, and productive work environment for all employees. This means that our employees are supportive of a diverse workplace, are respectful to one another and to our customers. We believe that promoting a Culture of Respect allows our employees to do their best work in support of the agency's mission.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click "Apply" at the bottom of this page and submit an application/resume that clearly describes how you meet the minimum qualifications listed above. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Greg Kruse at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.259.5718.
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please submit your certificate to Chelsie Fisher at email@example.com or fax to 651.296.6494 by the job posting close date.
- * *
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) encourages participation in all its programs, services and activities and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities. Anyone who believes they may need a reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate in the job application, interview or selection processes may contact any agency official with whom applicant has contact in the processing of their employment application to request an accommodation. Applicants may also contact the DNR's Affirmative Action office to request an accommodation by: E-mail: ADAdiversity.DNR@state.mn.us or by calling Sarah Spence-Koivisto at 651.259.5016; or using MN Relay 711.
Job Title: State Prog Admin Manager Sr - Operations Services Regional Manager
Location: St. Paul
Job ID: 35383
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 09/06/2019
Closing Date: 09/26/2019
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Department of Natural Resources
Hiring Agency: Department of Natural Resources
Division/Unit: Operations Services / Regional Business Office
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Hours: Day Shift
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: Yes
Salary Range: $35.74 - $51.41 /hourly; $74,625 - $107,344 /annually
Classified Status: Classified
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
Job Class: State Program Admin Manager Senior
Working Title: Operations Services Regional Manager