Expired: 18 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
# Job Summary
**This position was posted previously from 5/13/2019 to 5/20/2019 under job ID #32638, if you applied previously, you need not reapply**
The purpose of these positions are to provide Minnesota State Retirement System (MSRS) retirement benefit plan information to plan participants and to communicate Minnesota Deferred Compensation Plan, Health Care Savings Plan, and Hennepin Supplemental Retirement Plan information to all public employees covered by the pension plans of the State of Minnesota, Minneapolis, St. Paul, Duluth, the statewide Teacher Retirement Association, and the Public Employees Retirement Association. The incumbents in these positions will also perform MSRS retirement estimates. Please note that these positions will be located within a call center environment.
## Minimum Qualifications:
To qualify for this position, you must meet the two criteria outlined below.
1) Have eighteen months of experience administering employee benefits, member benefits, or financial services/insurance products for clients, with the primary focus of delivering customer service, performing calculations, interpreting benefit plans or policies and providing legal explanations or interpreting benefit plans or policies;
2) Hold a Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or human resources;
An Associate's Degree in business, accounting, or human resources; may substitute for 6 months of experience.
2) Pass or provide proof of previously passing, the Retirement Systems' written assessment covering math table and chart interpretations, grammar, reading comprehension and public relations.
You must also demonstrate the ability to:
* Think analytically in order to be able to interpret benefits, laws and legal opinions. * Effectively communicate verbally and in writing to provide excellent customer service. * Successfully work independently, as well as in a team setting. * Set priorities with competing deadlines. * Perform math computations and use computer software. * Perform duties requiring strong technical ability and human relations skills (including active listening, empathy, and explaining complexities to a variety of audiences.
***You must also possess the ability to obtain FINRA Securities Industry Essentials, Series 6 and 63 licensesAND a Minnesota Life, Accident, and Health Insurance License within three months of hire.***
## **Preferred Qualifications**
* Experience administering retirement benefits, with the primary focus of delivering customer service, performing calculations, and providing legal explanations or interpreting benefit plans or policies.
* Experience working with or at Minnesota State Retirement System, Public Employees Retirement Association, or Teachers Retirement Association.
* Experience providing customer service in a call center environment.
* Possession of an advanced degree in any field.
* Possession of FINRA Series 6 and 63 Licenses.
* Possession of the Minnesota Life, Accident, and Health Insurance Licenses.
## **Physical Requirements**
Requires occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as file folders, ledgers, and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties.
## **Additional Requirements**
If you are chosen to take the basic skills written assessment, an email will be sent to you with the date and time of the assessment.
It is the policy of the Retirement Systems of MN that all employees submit to a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
SEMA4 Records Check (applies to current and past State employees only)
Criminal History Check
Employment Reference Check
Social Security and Address Verification
Driver's License Check
**The Retirement Systems will not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.**
## Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
"Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home."
## How to Apply
Click "Apply" at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Dan Metivier at email@example.com
To request an accommodation for an interview or if you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate to Jolene Blaser at firstname.lastname@example.org by the position close.
* * *
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.
*Job Title:* Retirement Services Specialist
*Location:* St. Paul
*Job ID:* 34568
*Full/Part Time:* Full-Time
*Who May Apply:* Open to all qualified job seekers
*Date Posted:* 08/01/2019
*Closing Date:* 08/7/2019
*Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit:* MN State Retirement System / State Retirement System-MAPE
*Hiring Agency:* MN State Retirement System / State Retirement System-MAPE
*Division/Unit:* MN State Retirement System / Service Call Center