# Job Summary
This position exists to serve as the receptionist for the Teachers Retirement Association (TRA). The incumbent will be responsible for welcoming, greeting, assisting, and directing all visitors upon arrival to the TRA office. S/he will also be responsible for assisting members (in-person or by phone) with the review of forms; answering general information questions; scheduling and making necessary arrangements for all individual and group counseling sessions; preparing retirement counseling packets; mail sorting duties; and other administrative support tasks.
- CustomerCccccddCcccccccCCustomer service skills sufficient to provide tactful, prompt, courteous, and accurate benefit information to TRA customers on the phone, in-person, and through email or written correspondence.
- English language skills to be able to write, speak, and/or read sufficiently to compose correspondence, clearly communicate benefit information to plan members.
- Data entry skills sufficient to index information to member accounts, update entries in the TRA database and recordkeeping system, and perform detailed review of data entered to locate and correct discrepancies before they negatively impact members.
- Typing/keyboarding skills sufficient to input data quickly and accurately.
- Word processing skills sufficient to prepare documents that are grammatically correct, in proper format, and free of spelling errors.
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and other software applications to prepare reports and other documents.
- Physical demands include the ability to lift mail trays weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Three or more years of performing face-to-face, telephone, and written customer service duties in a professional office setting.
- Experience using discretion and best judgment regarding complicated customer service requests, demonstrating the ability to forward to management when necessary.
- Experience responding to escalated customer service issues.
- Knowledge of retirement plan terminology.
- Knowledge of retirement services provided by TRA, as well as rules and laws that impact these services.
This position requires the physical activity of lifting mail trays that weigh up to 40 pounds. It also requires lifting and/or carrying articles such as file folders, ledgers, and small tools.
Candidates must pass a background check, which may include criminal history, work history, and reference check.
Successful candidate must pass past-employer reference checks and a criminal history verification
It is the policy of the Retirement Systems of MN that all employees submit to a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
- SEMA4 Records Check (applies to current and past State employees only)
- Criminal History Check
- Employment Reference Check
- Social Security and Address Verification
- Education Verification
- Driver's License Check
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click "Apply" at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Lynn Paatalo at email@example.com
To request an accommodation for an interview or if you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate to Jolene Blaser at firstname.lastname@example.org by the position close.
- * *
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.
Job Title: Receptionist / Customer Services Specialist
Location: St. Paul
Job ID: 37239
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 12/2/2019
Closing Date: 12/09/2019
Hiring Agency: Teachers Retirement Association
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Hours: Day Shift
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $16.10 - $21.08/hourly
Classified Status: Classified
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes