# Job Summary
This position oversees management of the DHS Health Care Administration's Medicaid Payments & Provider Services (MPPS) Provider & Stakeholder Relations section. Functions within this section include the Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Stakeholder Communications, the Provider Call Center and Provider Training units. Stakeholder Communications coordinates MHCP program communication across the DHS organizational enterprise for Medicaid services administered by the DHS Health Care, Cummunity Supports and Continuing Care for Older Adults administrations, and develops products for over 250,000 enrolled providers, more than 1.2 million members (e.g., recipients of services who receive multiple notices about their eligibility and coverage) and over 2300 workers in counties, tribal nations and navigator organizations. The Provider Training unit develops and delivers curriculum about MHCP to providers, other stakeholders and staff, and the Provider Call Center takes over 28,000 calls per month about MHCP services, claims and billing procedures. These business units are integral to ensuring that providers and members obtain and maintain their MHCP enrollment status, and that enrolled providers can submit the necessary eligibility verifications, authorization requests, service agreements transactions and over 28 million claims annually to DHS and receive the proper payment for these services.
Principal Responsibilities of this position include:
1. Ensuring MHCP provider and stakeholder support services meet or exceed state/federal/industry rules and expectations;
2. Overseeing the organizational infrastructure of these functions to ensure staff/team performance and effectiveness; and
3. Connecting functional goals, technology and outcomes to larger DHS, Medicaid and health care provider industry drivers.
Supervisory or other leadership experience OR completion of leadership development program (L4, Emerging Leaders Institute, Senior Leadership Institute, etc.)
Five (5) years of specialized professional work experience with health care programs and the provider industry demonstarting the following:
- Extensive understanding of the health care provider industry, its composition, and the needs of providers;
- Strong understanding of health care provider business environments and viewpoints in relation to Medicaid and/or Medicare eligibility and payment system infrastructures, associated billing systems, and interfaces;
- Outreach and communications expertise with extensive experience and understanding of a particular industry, its interests, composition, and viable communications strategies.
- Stong understanding of and experience with operating and staffing a centralized high volume, customer-focused contact center;
- Experience interpreting and applying data and metrics to evaluate and modify productivity, performance and overall effectivness.
- Sufficient technical and analytical capabilities to extract data for decisions and to maximize operations and customer service.
- Extensive experience and understanding of health care provider and stakeholder operational support and regulatory requirements.
- Extensive understanding of the health care provider industry, its composition, and the needs of providers; knows their interests, business transactions, and information needs.
- Demonstrated expertise relating to federal and state laws and other factors impacting provider and member MCHP eligibility and related enrollment, service and payment decisions.
- Extensive knowledge of MHCP including business processes, claims and payment, provider systems and technology used for MHCP, and how MHCP relates to other insurance processes and players. Extensive understanding of the MHCP payment system and business rules, with particular attention to the data elements that make up the MMIS, METS, MPSE and interfaces with MN-ITS and FileNET.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
This position is located in Minnesota's great capital city, St. Paul. The State of Minnesota offers employees subsidies for public transportation allowing for convenient and easy access to commute to work. Ride the new METRO "Green Line" Light Rail Train to work! The 10th Street Station is located close by.
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.
How to Apply
Click "Apply" at the bottom of the page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Matt Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate and the Job posting ID number to Daniel Thorp at email@example.com by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services' ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945 for assistance.
- * *
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.
Job Title: Provider & Stakeholder Relations Manager - Human Services Manager 2
Location: St. Paul
Job ID: 35509
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 09/11/2019
Closing Date: 10/01/2019
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Department of Human Services / Central Office
Hiring Agency: Department of Human Services / Central Office
Division/Unit: Health Care Administration / Medicaid Payments & Provider Services Director
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $35.74 - $51.41/hourly; $74,625 - $107,344/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Job Class: Human Services Manager 2
Working Title: Provider & Stakeholder Relations Manager