# Job Summary
This position is a member of the Communications & Training team in Statewide Payroll Services, which is part of the Accounting Services Division. The team supports payroll communications and training for approximately 100 state agencies to ensure every state employee is paid correctly on a biweekly basis.
This position works with team unit staff to design, develop, update, and implement new timely, accurate, knowledge-based training for the State's HR/Payroll system (SEMA4) including: maintain the payroll portion of the website and update payroll on-line help facility; author and coordinate the publishing and distribution of payroll memos, newsletters, and self-service related communications; develop documentation of statewide payroll policy and procedures; provide any training related to system fixes or software upgrades; and developing effective strategies for assisting in planning and conducting payroll training for state agencies.
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience working with a large complex enterprise resource planning (ERP) system serving multiple, diverse users. A Bachelor's or Advanced degree in Communications, Technical Writing, Business Administration, Accounting, Information Systems, or a related field may substitute for one (1) year of experience.
- Experience in preparing memos, training documentation, policy and procedure development;
- Extensive experience utilizing software for system documentation to assist end users;
- Experience utilizing software, such as Tridion, for web page design;
- Experience utilizing software for training delivery and development;
- Experience conducting classroom or online training;
- Strong customer service skills with a diverse group of users;
- Proven communication skills (oral, written, and presentation) and ability to submit a portfolio of writing samples for examination, on request.
- BA or Advanced degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Communications, or Technical related fields;
- Experience with government sufficient to have an understanding of the diverse operations of state agencies;
- Extensive knowledge and/or experience with Oracle PeopleSoft software and/or table structure;
- Experience with state government sufficient to have an understanding of the diverse payroll operations of state agencies;
- Experience conducting SEMA4 classroom or online training;
- Experience in designing and implementing new training classes;
- Experience using software to record and deliver web based training;
- Experience creating documentation compliant with ADA content accessibility guidelines;
- Experience using RoboHelp software for online system (i.e. "Help" documentation);
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certificate; or
- Payroll Certification from the American Payroll Association (APA).
Minnesota Management and Budget will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and a criminal background check prior to appointment.
Why Work For Us
The State of Minnesota also has over100 state agencies, so the possibilities of serving our great state through a multitude of programs and roles are endless! The State of Minnesota also has our ownEnterprise Talent Development department to keep your skills and knowledge sharp. You may also qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness, which forgives the remaining balance of your student loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments!
What's also great about this job is the competitive wage andcomprehensive benefits package including low cost/high value medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, retirement plan, health care savings plan, generous vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, and numerous tax-deferred benefit options (e.g., 457B investment plan, long and short-term disability plans, etc.). Benefits offered are:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Parental leave
- Affordable dependent care
- Pension and retirement saving plan
- Vacation and Sick leave
- Long and short term disability insurance
Click "Apply" at the bottom of the page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Annie Mueller at email@example.com.
- * *
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.
Job Title: Payroll Training & Communications Specialist (Training & Development Spec 3)
Location: St. Paul
Job ID: 35189
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 08/28/2019
Closing Date: 09/18/2019
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Mn Management & Budget / Mn Mgmt & Budget -Confidential
Hiring Agency: Mn Management & Budget / Mn Mgmt & Budget -Confidential
Division/Unit: Personnel/Payroll / Systems & Communications
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Hours: Day Shift
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: M-F
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $22.92 - $33.62/hourly
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 217 - Confidential/Unrep
Job Class: Training & Development Specialist 3
Working Title: Payroll Training & Communications Specialist (Training & Development Spec 3)