# Job Summary
This position exists to advance the Department of Public Safety's mission to protect people and property in Minnesota through prevention, regulation, information and service. This position represents the primary public telephone and electronic mail contact point for Driver and Vehicle Services. Priority is given to quality customer service for approximately 3.1 million telephone contacts and 120,000 e-mails annually from the public concerning problems, or questions regarding all phases of motor vehicle registration, report of sales and titling, and driver's licenses; as well as inquiries from law enforcement agencies, deputy registrars, driver's license agents and DVS branch offices.
1. Ability to provide prompt and courteous customer service, to external and internal customers in person and via phone.
2. The ability to work cooperatively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
3. The ability to communicate in English sufficiently to understand and be understood in person, e-mail/written and phone interactions with customers.
4. Word processing and computer utilization skills sufficient to create, edit, and finalize emails, memos, and letters, for both internal and external customers.
5. Math skills sufficient to do basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, percentages).
1. Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to independently compose high-level communications relaying complex division resolutions to a wide variety of customers.
2. Two years experience in a high-volume, fast-paced, multi-dimensional telecommunications center providing the highest level of customer service with the ability to continually learn, adapt and excel.
3. Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel) with proficient technical ability to navigate, retrieve, and utilize data from a variety of electronic resources, including DVS' mainframe, E-Support, MNLARS, document management and web-based applications.
4. Excellent attendance.
Requires occasionally moving and transporting such articles as file folders and small tools. May need to maintain a stationary position for long periods of time while carrying out job duties.
It is the policy of the Department of Public Safety that all employees submit to a background investigation prior to employment, which includes the following components:
1. Criminal history
2. Reference check
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click"Apply" at the bottom of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Caren Miller at Caren.Miller@state.mn.us or 651/201-7373.
- * *
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities throughout the application and interview process.
If you need alternative access to the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com
For accommodations or questions about accessibility specifically relating to this job announcement, please contact the Affirmative Action Division at 651.201.7136 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: PIC Phone Agent - Customer Services Specialist Intermediate
Location: St. Paul
Job ID: 35496
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 09/10/2019
Closing Date: 09/16/2019
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Department of Public Safety
Hiring Agency: Department of Public Safety
Division/Unit: Driver & Vehicle Services / Support Services
Work Shift: Day Shift / 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Work Hours: Day Shift / 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift / 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $16.85 - $22.34/hourly; $35,182 - $46,645/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 206 - Clerical/AFSCME
Work Area: Customer Support / Public Information Center
Job Class: Customer Service Specialist, Intermediate
Working Title: PIC Phone Agent