The Northstar Quality Assurance Program Representative is responsible for ensuring compliance with and implementation of state and federal laws, specifically Title IV-B and Title IV-E of the Social Security Act, rules and policies regarding child welfare, children in out-of-home placement and permanency. The position is responsible to support agencies child foster care and permanency practice standards, provide technical assistance and monitor compliance that leads to consistent and equitable child welfare foster care and permanency practice across the state.
The purpose of this position is to ensure compliance with statewide child foster care and permanency standards that address child safety, timely permanency and well-being. The goal of this position is to monitor agencies in the areas of: engaging parents, including noncustodial parents in case planning, preventing placement through engagement of noncustodial parents, placement of children with relatives, foster care licensing process with an emphasis on relative caregivers; assessing and addressing the immediate and on-going wellbeing needs of children in care;; supporting reunification through visitation and family engagement; permanency progress review hearing and establishment of appropriate permanency goals; establish and make concerted efforts to achieve the child's permanency within timelines when reunification with parents is not possible. .
An additional goal of this position is to collaborate with other agencies and programs to support statewide diligent recruitment and retention of family foster homes, consistent with Multiethnic Placement Act of 1994; Title IV-B of the Social Security Act; Title VI of the Civil Rights Act and Minnesota Statutes, section 260C.215.
- As part of the foster care/permanency team, develop and implement statewide child foster care and permanency practice standards and policy to guide the delivery of county and tribal agency child placement services, to ensure compliance with federal laws (Title IV-B and IV-E of the Social Security Act), state laws and regulations.
- Provide county/tribes social service agencies and other stakeholders technical assistance to implement and maintain consistent interpretation of state and federal laws, foster care and permanency practice standards and Northstar Care for Children benefits.
- Monitor statewide consistency of foster care and permanency practice, this includes establishing a process to ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and review the application of the state foster care and permanency practice standards.
3 years professional experience involving child welfare that demonstrates the following:
- Knowledge of federal and state child welfare foster care and permanency programs, statutes and policies, and
- Experience in policy analysis, providing guidance on child welfare state and federal laws, and best practices in child welfare.
- Advanced knowledge of child foster care and permanency programs including Northstar care for children and foster care licensing.
- Experience in child welfare case management and permanency planning.
- Human relationships skills necessary to consult with county/tribal social service agencies, child placing agencies and other stakeholders to resolve difference of opinion and establish consistent practice.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
This position is located in Minnesota's great capital city, St. Paul. The State of Minnesota offers employees subsidies for public transportation allowing for convenient and easy access to commute to work. Ride the new METRO "Green Line" Light Rail Train to work! The 10th Street Station is located close by.
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.
How to Apply
Click "Apply" at the bottom of the page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Deborah Beske Brown email@example.com
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate and the Job posting ID#/number to Toni Shobe at Tonika.Shobe@state.mn.us by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services' ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945 orDEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES_ADA@state.mn.us for assistance.
- * *
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.
Job Title: Northstar Program Representative
Location: St. Paul
Job ID: 34622
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 10/15/2019
Closing Date: 10/28/2019
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Human Services Dept / MAPE DHS Central Office
Hiring Agency: Human Services Dept / MAPE DHS Central Office
Division/Unit: DHS-Central Office / CS&P Placement Services - FC
Work Shift: Day Shift/8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Work Hours: Day Shift/8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift/8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Days of Work: Monday-Friday
Travel Required: Yes
Salary Range: $26.30 - $38.75/hourly; $54,914 - $80,910/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
Job Class: Human Services Program Representative 2
Working Title: Northstar Program Representative