# Agency Description
The Minnesota Board of Cosmetology ("Board") is dedicated to protecting the health and safety of Minnesota citizens and visitors by regulating the practice of cosmetology. The Board is comprised of seven board members representing each cosmetology license type and the public. Board staff is comprised of five divisions and more than 20 employees. The Board oversees more than 35,000 practitioners, 5,200 salons, and 35 schools across the state.
# Job Summary
This position supports the licensing and customer service functions of the Board. The incumbent performs advanced licensing duties, provides training and support for the licensing team and works on special projects as assigned. The incumbent handles escalated licensing cases and assists the supervisor with monitoring, process improvement and reporting tasks. The incumbent has advanced knowledge of licensing procedures, statutes, rules and requirements. This role utilizes strong written and verbal communication, conflict management and team leadership skills.
Resume must demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of English sufficient to communicate effectively with internal and external customers and write, prepare, and edit reports, letters and other documents, using correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, and sentence construction.
- Customer service skills sufficient to provide prompt, courteous and accurate information to customers in person, on the phone, and through e-mail and other written correspondence and effectively communicate and elicit information with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply the Board of Cosmetology's specialized licensing terminology within three months of hire
- Leadwork skills to set work priorities, arrange staff coverage to meet workload needs, initiate new work assignments, and resolve workrelated issues
- Ability to analyze and make recommendations to management for new or revised administrative and program practices and procedures for smooth and efficient office operation
- Data Base Management: skills sufficient to develop queries, pull relevant data, analyze data, and compile and format in appropriate report format for formal presentation
- Associates degree in business, public administration, law, public health or policy, business administration, or related field
- Experience in government licensing or compliance
- Ability to collect, research, assemble and analyze facts, information, draw conclusions to recommend solutions and strategies.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment.
- Skills to analyze, interpret and succinctly communicate complex rules, policies, legislation and procedures to a variety of audiences, both verbally and in writing.
Applicants who are selected for an interview will be asked to provide a writing sample.
Successful candidates must pass a past-employer reference check.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click "Apply" at the bottom of the page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Jenna Bohl at Jenna.Bohl@state.mn.us.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, contact Colleen Krohn at 651-259-3683, or Colleen.Krohn@state.mn.us.
- * *
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.
Job Title: Licensing Team Lead - Office & Admin Specialist Senior
Location: St. Paul
Job ID: 35654
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 09/14/2019
Closing Date: 09/23/2019
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Cosmetologist Exam Board
Hiring Agency: Cosmetologist Exam Board
Division/Unit: Cosmetologist Examiners Board / Cosmetologist Examiners Board
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Hours: Day Shift
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $18.05 - $24.42/hourly; $37,688 - $50,988/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Job Class: Office and Administrative Specialist, Senior
Working Title: Licensing Team Lead