# ****This job announcement will be used to fill two (2) vacancies****
# Job Summary
This position exists to promote public roadway safety by the administration of prescribed vision screening, knowledge, oral tests for motor vehicle operators so that only qualified individuals obtain a Minnesota driver's license. This position is also responsible for conducting all inside office procedures while driver examiners are administering skills tests outside of the office.
Major Job Duties:
To conduct driver license examinations including knowledge and oral tests and vision screening. Also includes accepting various types of applications, accepting monies, issuing receipts, and taking photos for licenses when assigned to a location with a camera workstation. This position may require travel from one work location to another. Employee must provide transportation arrangements between locations.
1. Ability to communicate with others and understand information; read, write and respond to customers in fluent English.
2. Cashiering and basic math skills in order to collect, count, reconcile and complete daily transactions.
3. Ability to provide in-person customer service in a high volume, stressful environment.
4. Ability to provide prompt, courteous and accurate information to customers on the phone or in person (face to face contact).
5. Typing-Keyboarding skills.
6. Data entry skills sufficient to enter data onto paper forms and computer entry screens.
- As part of the interview process, candidates will be administered a 25 question, multiple choice exam on customer service skills, money handling, attention to detail and basic driving laws.
1. Face to face customer service experience in a business with high volume customer traffic within the last five years.
2. Cash handling experience.
3. Ability to problem solve while working independently.
4. Experience with basic office equipment and Internet.
5. Ability to pay close attention to detail.
6. Foreign language skills.
7. Legible penmanship.
8. Excellent attendance and dependability.
Employee must be able to communicate effectively with others and understand information clearly. Must be able to transfer and position self, as well as maintain a stationary position for extended periods of time during a full shift. Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor and handle stress associated with continuous public contact.
It is the policy of the Department of Public Safety that all employees submit to a background investigation prior to employment, which includes the following components:
1) A criminal history check
2) Reference checks
3) Credit check
4) Fingerprinting (EDL)
5) US Citizenship check
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click"Apply" at the bottom of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Caren Miller at Caren.Miller@state.mn.us or 651/201-7373.
- * *
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities throughout the application and interview process. If you need alternative access to the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com. For accommodations or questions about accessibility specifically relating to this job announcement, please contact the Affirmative Action Division at 651-201-7136 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Driver's License Clerk - Customer Services Specialist Intermediate
Job ID: 36802
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 11/06/2019
Closing Date: 11/12/2019
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Department of Public Safety
Hiring Agency: Department of Public Safety
Division/Unit: Driver & Vehicle Services / Plymouth Exam Station
Work Shift: Day Shift / 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Work Hours: Day Shift / 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift / 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: Yes - Up to 25% of the time
Salary Range: $17.23 - $22.84/hourly; $35,976 - $47,690/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 206 - Clerical/AFSCME
Work Area: Driver Services / Exam Stations
Job Class: Customer Service Specialist, Intermediate
Working Title: Driver's License Clerk