This position delivers high quality, student centered and culturally responsive customer service in the College One Stop Office to students regarding admissions, registration, financial aid, tuition, and general college information via phone, walk-in, and email/chat. This position directly supports students' efforts to successfully transition to the college and reach their academic goals, providing guidance throughout the enrollment process. This position provides financial literacy information, which aligns with the retention and engagement efforts of other departments. All employees of Saint Paul College are responsible for promoting a culture that supports diversity and inclusion in all forms as well as providing excellent customer service continuously to all internal and external contacts.
- Knowledge of English sufficient to perform the job duties described above, using reading, writing, and speaking skills;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel;
- Customer Service skills sufficient to actively listen to and understand customer needs and provide prompt, courteous and accurate information to customers in person, via telephone and through email and other written correspondence regarding application, enrollment, registration, institutional programs, financial aid, general information/data; effectively communicate and elicit information with tact and diplomacy in difficult situations with frequent interruptions;
- Organizational skills and ability to follow procedures;
- Ability to ensure quality standards, deadlines and proper procedures are followed;
- Demonstrated cultural competency and experience working with diverse populations, including nontraditional underrepresented students;
- Associates degree or higher;
- Professional experience working through college processes and regulations such as admissions, registration, program offerings, financial aid, tuition, college testing and assessment functions and the ability to maintain the confidentiality of private information according to federal regulations.
- Knowledge of Somali, Oromo, Arabic or Hmong sufficient to perform the job duties described above, using speaking skills.
- Ability to work within a team as well as working independently without constant supervision with adherence to deadlines;
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor/.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Saint Paul College is committed to supporting diversity in all of its forms. Applicants representing diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The safety of all members of the Saint Paul College campus community is of vital concern. The most recent Annual Compliance and Security Report is available on the College website at www.saintpaul.edu/aboutus/Pages/PublicSafety.aspx.
How to Apply
Click "Apply" at the bottom of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Michele Lamm at email@example.com or 651/846-1400.
- * *
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance is needed.
Job Title: Customer Service Specialist, Intermediate - One Stop Associate
Location: St. Paul
Job ID: 38795
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 02/07/2020
Closing Date: 02/21/2020
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: MN St Colleges & Universities / St Paul TC-AFSCME
Hiring Agency: MN St Colleges & Universities / St Paul TC-AFSCME
Division/Unit: MnSCU St Paul TC / MnSCU St Paul TC AFSCME
Appointment Type: Unlimited, Full-time
Work Shift: Day Shift / 11:00 am - 7:00 pm Mon. & Wed, 10:00 am - 6:30 pm Tues. & Thurs. and 8:30 am - 5:00 pm Fri. (Occasional Saturdays may be required)
Work Hours: Day Shift / 11:00 am - 7:00 pm Mon. & Wed, 10:00 am - 6:30 pm Tues. & Thurs. and 8:30 am - 5:00 pm Fri. (Occasional Saturdays may be required)
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift / 11:00 am - 7:00 pm Mon. & Wed, 10:00 am - 6:30 pm Tues. & Thurs. and 8:30 am - 5:00 pm Fri. (Occasional Saturdays may be required)
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $17.23 - $22.84/hourly; $35,976 - $47,689/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 206 - Clerical/AFSCME
Work Area: One Stop
Job Class: Customer Service Specialist, Intermediate
Working Title: One Stop Associate