Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
# **Job Summary**
**The Minnesota Unemployment Insurance (UI) Program is currently filling 20 open Customer Service Representative positions. **These positions will work in our in-bound call center in downtown St. Paul.
Do you want to leave work every day feeling like you made a difference? Come join our team. We are a state government program that helps Minnesotans overcome the many challenges associated with losing a job.
Our employees also enjoy a full-time Monday-Friday work environment, competitive pay, andcomprehensive benefits package. The benefits package includes low cost/high value medical and dental isnurance, employer paid life insurance, retirement plan, health care savings plan, and numerous tax-deferred benefit options (e.g., 457B investment plan, long and short-term disability plans, etc.) You may also qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness, which forgives the remaining balance of your student loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments!
Typical daily responsibilities for a Customer Service Representative: answering customer questions, assisting customers with transactions, and documenting any adjustments you make to accounts. You will not be selling anything or making any outbound calls. You will also receive extensive, paid training before taking your first call.
The estimated start date for these positions is October 1, 2019
These positions are temporary unclassified positions expected to last one to two years.
* Be comfortable answering inbound phone calls for multiple hours per day, most frequently from people who have applied for unemployment benefits
* Consistently attend work for all scheduled shifts
* Listen attentively to customer questions and identify possible issues
* Communicate information and potential resolutions with clarity, respect, and empathy
* Maintain a positive attitude in the face of challenging calls or circumstances
* Consistently adhere to established policies, business processes, scheduled break times, and other procedures (including escalating calls to other agents when appropriate)
* Take personal pride in providing top-notch customer service
## **Minimum Qualifications:**
Your resume MUST contain sufficient detail of experience and/or education to determine qualifications based on the criteria listed below. Failure to provide sufficient detail that describes your knowledge, skills and abilities and/or education in the areas listed below may result in your resume not being considered.
* One year of work experience in a position that involved a significant amount of customer service or contact with the public.
* High school diploma required; college degree preferred
* English-language reading/writing skills sufficient to clearly and accurately understand and communicate information, whether verbally or in writing.
* Computer skills sufficient to navigate multiple desktop applicants while speaking to customers.
* Ability to work 8am - 4:30pm at our headquarters in St. Paul (telework arrangements will not be permitted).
* Ability to work within a highly structured work environment, including ability to sit for long periods of time while communicating via phone.
## **Preferred Qualifications**:
* Experience explaining complex information and processes to customers
* Proven ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with managers, other employees, and the public
## **Additional Requirements**
Resumes of all applicants to this posting will be evaluated against the Minimum Qualifications stated above. If your skills match the required skills for this positon, the department may contact you. Employee reference checks will be conducted on all finalists. This may include a review of documentation related to job performance. It includes contact with the applicant's current and/or former employers.
A Criminal Background Check will be conducted on all finalists for this position. A criminal conviction will not automatically remove you from consideration for employment.
When the position requires travel and the applicant drives a state owned or leased vehicle, a driver's license and record check will be conducted.
## **Why Work For Us**
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
## **How to Apply**
Click "Apply" at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Sue Zeches at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.259.7107.
The Department of Employment and Economic Development is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply for job opportunities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application and search tools, please contact Karen Lilledahl at 651-259-7089 or Karen.Lilledahl@state.mn.us. Please indicate what assistance is needed.
* * *
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.
*Job Title:* Customer Service Representative
*Location:* St. Paul
*Job ID:* 33695
*Full/Part Time:* Full-Time
*Who May Apply:* Open to all qualified job seekers
*Date Posted:* 08/12/2019
*Closing Date:* 08/19/2019
*Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit:* Employment & Economic Development
*Hiring Agency:* Employment & Economic Development