# Job Summary
The Behavioral Health Clinical Director position is a unique opportunity to provide clinical leadership in the State of Minnesota. This position is the behavioral health clinical leader on behavioral health matters related to the Medicaid and MinnesotaCare programs. This includes representing and speaking on behalf of the Department of Human Services (DHS).
This involves interfacing with the DHS Commissioner's Office and leadership, external stakeholders, federal officials, the provider community, the media, and the Legislature.
Together with the Medicaid Medical Director this position will work to address health disparities, health access and the integration of care across Minnesota, particularly in physical and behavioral health services in Medicaid, and new models of care. Responsibilities include working across DHS to address social determinants of health.
Five (5) years of clinical experience as a behavioral health professional demonstrating the following:
- Terminal degree and unencumbered license to practice as a psychologist or licensed independent clinical social worker in Minnesota.
- Three (3) years of serving Medicaid and/or MinnesotaCare enrollees;
- Demonstrated leadership experience in health care management, public health, policy making, and/or business administration;
- Experience developing and implementing evidence-based practice models in clinical settings that focus on reducing disparities, addressing the full spectrum of care, and measurement of outcomes
- Candidates with an unencumbered license to practice medicine in Minnesota are eligible for a Medical Specialist classification.
- Ability to be data driven, with a working knowledge of management information systems, statistical analysis, and outcome data analysis
- Experience with the development and implementation of practice guidelines and initiatives focused on substance use disorder reform
- Proven record of efforts to address health disparities
- Experience working in multiple care settings and that see a high percentage of Medicaid
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to articulate issues in a concise manner, accessible to a wide range of audiences
- Extensive understanding of the health care delivery system and the health care marketplace within and around the state of Minnesota
- Understanding of the basic authority (state and federal law and rules) governing the MA and MinnesotaCare programs
- Understanding of other state and federal health care programs and policies
- Understanding of how to participate in the legislative process as a lead professional state agency representative
- Effective interpersonal influence, collaboration and listening skills
- The leadership skills necessary to analyze and articulate complex policy concepts, envision change, and promote creative and innovative approaches in a respectful and inclusive manner.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
This position is located in Minnesota's great capital city, St. Paul. The State of Minnesota offers employees subsidies for public transportation allowing for convenient and easy access to commute to work. Ride the new METRO "Green Line" Light Rail Train to work! The 10th Street Station is located close by.
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.
How to Apply
Click "Apply" at the bottom of the page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Julie Marquardt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services' ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945 for assistance.
- * *
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.
Job Title: Behavioral Health Clinical Director - Human Services Manager 5
Location: St. Paul
Job ID: 33824
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 06/28/2019
Closing Date: 08/01/2019
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Department of Human Services / DHS Manager
Hiring Agency: Department of Human Services / DHS Manager
Division/Unit: Health Care Administration / Assistant Commissioner
Work Shift: Day Shift / Varies
Work Hours: Day Shift / Varies
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift / Varies
Days of Work: Monday-Friday
Salary Range: $44.41 - $63.64/hourly
Classified Status: Unclassified
Job Class: Human Servicers Manager 5
Working Title: Behavioral Health Clinical Director