One Company...Many Careers!
A Day In The Life Of A Life/Health Actuarial Analyst
Do you love analyzing data and applying your Actuarial Science skills to solve problems? Our Life/Health & Investment Planning Services department is looking to add some top-notch Life/Health Actuarial Analysts to its squad. The day to day can vary but in this role you can expect to apply your actuarial principles to develop and implement rates, develop financial models to provide information and comply with legal requirements as well as analyze data, develop proposals and respond to various actuarial information requests. At State Farm, we value continuing education and offer a very generous Exam Support program and Study policy to support continued pursuit of Actuarial Exams.
Adaptability, communication, critical thinking, initiative, teamwork
Office Location: Bloomington, IL; where we work hard AND play hard!
We Are Looking for Candidates who:
- Majored in Actuarial Science, Mathematics or Statistics, and/or Computer Science
- Have a minimum college GPA of 3.25 3.5 is preferred
- Have prior experience as an Actuarial Intern
- Have passed at least 1 CAS/SOA Actuarial Exam
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel in particular) and with other programs (such as SAS, R, Python, C++, etc.)
What You Can Expect
Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
What's In It For You
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want money, right?
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: Yes, both. This is kind of a BIG deal!
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That's right, we trust you... (Optional/Editable as applicable to your area)
- Free covered garage parking: No more bad hair days from walking in the rain! (Optional if applicable)
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We're here to help life go right
Come join our passionate team!
Employment Type: ["FULL_TIME"]