Executive Assistant to the Executive Director
State Employees Association of NC Raleigh, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
- $35,000 to $40,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
ASSISTANT TO THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
General Statement of Duties
As Assistant to the Executive Director, reporting directly to the Executive Director of the association, this position provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship performing varied confidential, professional, administrative, and high-level work for the Executive Director of the State Employees Association of North Carolina.
Distinguishing Features of the Class
An employee in this class serves as the confidential assistant for the Executive Director. Work is performed with a high level of independent functioning and decision-making with full authority for administrative decisions within the parameters set by the Executive Director.
All work is performed under the supervision of the Executive Director and is reviewed through conferences, observation of work, and review of completed tasks and activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Handles administrative functions for the Executive Director, including but not limited to keeping an active calendar, handling correspondence, maintaining contact lists, air travel and hotel arrangements, travel agendas, event registrations, completing travel expense reports, etc.
• Provides the Executive Director with background information, meeting summaries and/or supporting documents in preparation for scheduled appointments, meetings and speaking engagements.
• Tracks detailed priority list of projects and engagements.
• Manages a variety of special projects for the Executive Director.
• Screens incoming calls and whenever possible responds to the caller directly based on knowledge of the Executive Director’s preferences, office functions, policies, priorities, and availability or ensures the caller receives appropriate transfer to the relevant individual.
• Prepares letters, presentations, and other written and visual materials, which includes writing and designing graphic elements.
• Works closely and effectively with the Executive Director to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
• Follows up with staff to ensure deadlines are met on documents requiring the Executive Director’s attention and signature.
Proven record of success in collaborating effectively across internal and organizational lines
• Must be able to physically perform basic life operational functions, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
• Must be able to perform light work exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift or move objects.
• Must possess the visual acuity to review and use data and statistics, to operate a computer terminal, to perform accounting tasks, and to assemble and read a variety of materials.
Desirable Education and Experience
• At least five years of progressively responsible administrative support experience with a considerable amount of experience involved with office management.
State Employees Association of NCWhy Work Here?
Great environment, great benefits, and great people to work with.
SEANC is the South's leading state employees association. We work to gain the respect in the legislature for hardworking state employees and valuable retirees.
1621 Midtown PlaceRaleigh, NC
BusinessView all jobs at State Employees Association of NC