Resource Center Specialist-Customer Service/Call Center
State Bar of Arizona Phoenix, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the direction of the Resource Center Supervisor, this position is a team member responding to members and the public via high volume telephone contacts, email, live chats and written correspondence. The individual will also have shared responsibilities for the updating of the 25,000+ membership database records, resolution of record discrepancies, and compliance interaction with other State Bar departments, Courts and external organizations. Position requires an individual who serves as the “face of the Bar”, having excellent organizational and prioritizing skills, tact and diplomacy, as well as demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Updates membership information including researching and resolving discrepancies in member records.
• Identify, research, and resolve member issues using the member database.
• Types and designs general correspondence, memos, charts, tables, reports, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarify of final copy. Updates and maintains files.
• Coordinates information gathering and updating process for annual Membership Directory, including mailing directory letters, entering data changes, proofreading, clarifying members changes, and responding to directory corrections.
• Provides members with status change information.
• Receives and enters orders for publications and seminar registration.
• Assist members regarding dues statements and payments; research billing issues.
• Responds to inquiries (telephone, email, mail) regarding members and organizational events.
• Provides general public with lists of attorneys including dual licensed attorneys and Certified Specialist attorneys.
• Works independently and/or within a team on special and nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
• Recognize, document, and alert the Resource Center Supervisor of trends in member calls.
• Suggest process improvements.
• Provides backup support to other positions within the organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• Two (2) years experience in a call center environment, preferably using an Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) system. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated skills of problem solving and decision making.
• Ability to gather data from multiple sources and update database files.
• Ability to work effectively with members and the public in a professional, tactful and customer services-oriented manner.
• Ability to work with highly sensitive and/or confidential information in the most professional manner, ensuring that confidentiality and discretion are consistently maintained.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to alter regular work schedule to accommodate organizational needs.
• Must be flexible to adapt to changes in environment, structure, processes and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Willingness and ability to work with minimal or no supervision in a team based atmosphere.
• Familiarity or hands-on experience with call center environment and high telephone volumes.
Model the behaviors expected of all SBA employees by:
• Cultivating a positive work environment.
• Prioritizing and setting manageable goals.
• Being efficient with time at work.
• Communicating effectively with management, staff, members, clients, visitors, and the public.
• Being flexible and taking criticism constructively.
• Maintaining the highest ethical standards.
Microsoft windows environment with Office Suite to include formatting and production of word processing documents and spreadsheets. Previous database experience (i.e., data entry, viewing, and reporting) preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, ability to adjust focus, and manual dexterity in combination with eye/hand coordination.
Regular attendance is required. Overtime including weekends may be required periodically to fulfill duties of position. At times, individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with ability to handle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
State Bar of Arizona
The State Bar of Arizona is a non-profit organization that operates under the supervision of the Arizona Supreme Court. The Bar regulates approximately 18,200 active attorneys in Arizona and provides education and development programs for the legal profession and the public. The Bar and its members are committed to serving the public by making sure the voices of all people in Arizona are heard in our justice system.
4201 N. 24th StreetPhoenix, AZ
BusinessView all jobs at State Bar of Arizona