Customer Service Representative I
- Posted: over a month ago
State Bank of Davis has proudly served our community since 1928, and has a passion for our role as a community bank offering full service banking and lending services for individuals, families and businesses. State Bank of Davis is a subsidiary bank of Foresight Financial Group, Inc.
The Customer Service Representative I is responsible for ensuring customer transactions are handled in a prompt, professional manner, following company policies and procedures.
- Offer outstanding customer service to our customers.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount, and examines checks for endorsements.
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Using Teller Capture, records and balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer, and periodically thru the day trial balances the drawer to ensure accuracy.
- Completes necessary tasks to open and close the bank, with an officer present.
- Process mail and night drop transactions.
- Put postage on mail and prepare for taking to the Post office and other administrative office support, as needed.
- Exercises dual control, as needed, to process bank by mail transactions, night deposit transactions and the vault.
- Prepare money, as needed, for offsite ATM’s.
- Accepts and processes all types of loan payments and loan advances.
- Handles a variety of miscellaneous products and services, including cashier’s checks, money orders, property tax payments, Indian Bucks, Great America Tickets, license stickers.
- Escorts customers to Safe Deposit Box area and assists in retrieving their box.
- Completes assigned training courses with passing grade by scheduled due date.
- Answers phones and assists customers.
- Roll coin, as needed.
- Assist in processing and verifying currency order from Federal Reserve.
- Filing as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ensures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal banking laws, rules and regulations including Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering to assist management in monitoring for suspicious activity, money laundering, or other illegal customer activity.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Customer Service: Greets customers promptly and courteously; Provides efficient and accurate customer service; Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
Teamwork: Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Judgement: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Communication: Effective written and oral communication skills, speaking clearly, effectively listening, and clearly writing.
Technical: Basic knowledge of PC/Windows, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Word and Excel. Knowledge of banking products, services, policies, procedures and regulations.
Meets established productivity standards each month.
Balance cash drawer 100% each day.
50% Position Performance Standards and Personal Goals
Previous customer service experience and/or cash handling experience preferred. Prior banking experience and/or training a plus.
State Bank of Davis
BusinessView all jobs at State Bank of Davis