- Posted: 1 day ago
- $55,000 to $62,000 Yearly
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Vocational Services, the vocational Specialist provides assessment for the developing and implementing of a comprehensive plan that will result in patients entering skills training, education classes and employment. Provides vocational activities, such as pre-vocational counseling, life skills and placement.
- Oversees initial interview of patients to obtain vocational/educational background information to identify preliminary vocational/educational needs.
- Maintains a caseload for vocational services.
- Completes a career plan to identify short- and long-term objectives for patient.
- Administers vocational interest tests to help patients define career interests and direction.
- Provides group and individual counseling of patients.
- Assists patients with job development offers, workshops in employability and job preparation skills; offers post-employment counseling to patients in an individual or group setting.
- Establishes linkages with vocational/educational services providers in the community and refers patients for services.
- Reviews, updates, and maintains case records.
- Prepares monthly progress reports on caseload statistics.
- Maintains required forms and statistics on patient contacts, referrals, and placements.
- Maintains Service Contacts target of six patients daily.
- Meet Vocational Engagement annual target of 18% of the Medication Census for their assigned clinic.
- Attends interdisciplinary team meetings and case conferences.
- Provides technical assistance to counselors related to vocational services and goals.
- Meets with the Manager of Vocational Services for supervision.
- Attends Monthly Clinical & Administrative meetings and training sessions.
- Participate in professional development and team development within the department and with other functional units.
- Collaborates in the training and development of in- house talent for ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of technology.
- Participates in marketing and fundraising efforts and targeted outreach messages as need it.
- Participate in Risk Management /Compliance as required by the organization.
- Participate in preparation for 2020 & 2021 CARF Re-accreditation as required by the organization.
- Master’s degree in vocational Rehabilitation, or related field of rehabilitation psychology; CRC or
- Master’s degree in any counseling or psychology specialization, with one year of experience in the career counseling of clients with alcohol/substance abuse problems and/or clients from other disadvantaged populations.
- Must be eligible to obtain the CRC certification within one year of the date of hire.
- Must be competent in the use of computerized word-processing and excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Vacation, personal, and sick leave
- Medical, dental, vision plans
- Pension & retirement plan
- Short & long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Pet Insurance
Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- National Health Service Corp Loan Repayment
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position which are reviewed on each individual case.
While performing the responsibilities of the role, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Start Treatment and Recovery Centers
AddressNew York, NY
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?