Recognized as a GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
We are committed to providing a challenging, career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to make a difference in the lives of young people and their families. Stars Behavioral Health Group (SBHG) currently employs approximately 1,700 people throughout it's 45 offices in California. We serve more than 25,000 children, youth and families annually throughout the state.
The position is responsible for planning, coordinating, directing, and meeting the strategic HR objectives of the Central California Region. These include: talent acquisition, development and retention, employee relations, compensation, benefits administration, and organizational development. This position will provide expertise in complex Human Resources issues and advice and counsel to management and employees on HR related issues. The job will include oversight of the regions recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, compensation, employee retention strategies, performance management, HRIS, and ensuring workplace compliance with HR laws and company policies. This position will also function as a liaison between corporate HR departments and the region employees and management. Handling extensive personal and confidential information is an essential job function of this position.
- Manages the HR Department and provides HR services to management and staff of the Central California Region.
- Builds and maintains a positive collaborative partnership with operational leadership including the Regional Administrator, program Administrators and SBHG Corporate Leadership.
- Ensures compliance and provides guidance/advise to management and staff on SBHG policies, effective HR practices, and federal, state and local laws/regulations.
- Ensures effectiveness of key HR processes in partnership with the HR Director and other functional Human Resources leaders/teams.
- Drives company culture in support of SBHG's mission and values.
- Implements employment and recruitment policy and procedure to ensure timely posting of positions, appropriate processing of resumes, applications, notifications, job offers, internal communication and record-keeping.
- Oversees the maintenance of all employee and independent contractor records as well as processing of all employment actions including hiring, transfers, promotions, pay, onboarding, disciplinary actions, terminations, etc.
- Conducts investigations of sensitive and sometimes complex employee relations issues. Makes disciplinary recommendations and provides consultation based on investigation findings.