Named one of the best places to work in California!
We are committed to providing a challenging, career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to make a difference in the lives of young people and their families. Stars Behavioral Health Group (SBHG) currently employs approximately 1,700 people at 42 different sites throughout California in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Fresno, Santa Clara, and Alameda counties. We serve more than 20,000 children, youth and families annually throughout the state.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in schools, homes or other community settings. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probations officers and other agencies.
This position has primary responsibility for mental health services and case management services to children, adolescents, adults and their families. The Mental Health Specialist provides mental health services (including assessment and evaluation as assigned) and other services to clients referred to the Community Services Program. Services include but are not limited to individual, family and collateral therapy, treatment planning, etc. He/she acts as liaison with external agencies and functions on teams with other clinical & support staff. S/he documents and bills for mental health and case management services and completes outcomes information. May be requested to obtain additional certifications as needed.
- Interviews referred clients and significant others to assesses and evaluate their appropriateness and need for services.
- Works with referred clients, their families, representatives of referring agencies, and other relevant parties (in-house and external) to promote rehabilitation and amelioration of problems which interfere with productive social and emotional daily living.
- Demonstrated understanding/basic knowledge of psychiatric illness and mental health interventions, including a general understanding of co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
- Ability to perform accurate mental health evaluations; Ability to provide effective individual mental health rehabilitation and case management services; Ability to perform accurate basic dual diagnosis evaluations and make appropriate referrals for dual diagnosis consults and treatment.
- Acts as liaison with various external agencies (such as Department of Children and Family Services, Department of Mental Health, Probation Department, Dependency Court, and police) to facilitate clients' adjustment in daily living routines.
- Availability by phone to assist in crisis intervention and provide support and assistance in problem resolution during scheduled and non-scheduled, after hours and weekends for assigned and team clients.
- Master's degree in a mental health field with BBS Registered intern number.
- BBS registration in MFTI, ACSW, LMFT or LCSW & Valid California Driver's License.
- Two years' experience in a mental health field with age group(s) to be served by the position in residential or outpatient settings.
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid benefits package including medical, dental and vision and many other voluntary benefits
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay