Finance/Business Manager - Stars and Stripes Harley-Davidson
- Posted: 4 days ago
Job Title: Business Manager
Supervisor: General Sales Manager and/or General Manager
Helping to provide credit for customers who want to purchase motorcycles. Structure deals that are in compliance with lender guidelines and the dealership policies, resulting in quick funding, and a high level of customer satisfaction and to uphold the highest ethical standards. Products to be sold include pre-paid maintenance, extended service plans, GAP, tire/wheel protection among others.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce acceptable levels of revenue and profits for the dealership by selling Finance, Insurance, and Extended Service and Warranty programs to new and used motorcycle customers.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with finance sources, factory and other appropriate contracts.
- Maintain files of active insurance and financial agencies.
- Proactively recruit and maintain sources for other Finance and Insurance Products.
- Meet or exceed monthly sales objectives and attain goals. Provide reports as requested.
- Pursue a continuing programs of formal and informal education in the area of expertise to maintain, strengthen and broaden service. Join any relevant associations.
- Submit paperwork to/obtain approval from finance sources on all finance deals.
- Make a reasonable effort to convert cash deals to financed deals by selling the merits of financing versus paying cash.
- Setup finance forecasting in conjunction with the sales department forecasting to achieve the desired percent of penetration and income. This is to be done on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Maintain a Finance & Insurance Logbook.
- Establish and maintain procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of all related paperwork. Check paperwork for correct title, line information, taxes, etc.
- Handle all Rate and Payment Quotations.
- Act as a liaison to all departments in matters concerning Finance & Insurance.
- Assists and supports overall company policies and procedures and supports the dealershipâ€™s philosophy.
- Able to work cross-functionally with all departments with an emphasis on the Sales Department and Service Department.
- Institute and employ a feature/benefit selling methodology so that all customers receive consistent treatment.
- Ensure that the delivery of any new or used motorcycle is a â€œcustom experienceâ€ that will create a customer for life.
- Contact customers using mailing lists, tickler files, and personal follow-up to encourage additional sales and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Dealershipâ€™s Mission Statement and Core Values and acts as a role model to the other Dealership Employees.
- Handle customer complaints quickly and courteously, demonstration empathy, a positive attitude and our commitment to â€œmaking things rightâ€.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Confidence in ability to be successful.
- Great attitude and outstanding work ethic.
- Ability to work well in a process driven environment.
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Adhere to a standard of professional ethics and be respectful to customers.
- Be knowledgeable of state regulations regarding finance and the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Structure deals in accordance with lender and dealership guidelines.
- Have a strong menu presentation and use the 300% rule at all times.
- Disclose financial information to customers.
- Maintain good lender relations and evaluate new lender programs.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports as requested by management.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, along with general email/internet.
- Experience using various Google Drive applications to include but not limited to Google Sheets and Google Docs a plus.
- 2 years Finance and Insurance experience preferred.
- Requires the use of both hands.
- Frequently works on a computer in a typical office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Potential exposure to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
Stars & Stripes Harley-Davidson
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?