- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Quality Engineer will be in charge of supervising the production process to make sure that all products meet consistent standards. Their duties include developing and implementing quality control tests; work with the Manufacturing Engineer to create them accordingly inspecting products at various stages, and writing reports documenting production issues.
- Lead activities and reporting to support ISO 9001 and AS9100 certifications
- Support ISO 17025 as necessary
- Is accountable for defining KPI's for the Quality Management System, maintained ISO9001 and AS9100 certifications, elevating visibility of quality concerns within the unit and implementing Quality initiatives as appropriate.
- Customer Concern Management.
- Work with suppliers to identify Root Cause and implement corrective actions.
- Manage Root Cause, Corrective, Preventive Action, Risk-Based thinking Implementation.
- Produce product inspection standard documentation
- Conduct internal and customer audits
- Leads qualification activities associated with FA parts as Purchasing transitioned to alternate suppliers.
- Implementing methods to inspect, test and evaluate products and production equipment.
- Ensuring that products adhere to quality standards.
- Preparing reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data.
- Training and managing production line staff in quality assessment of goods.
- Tracking products through the manufacturing process to guarantee that each part of the process is correct.
- Performing detailed and recorded inspections of final products so the products are up to industry and company standards.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science Discipline.
- 5-7 years of Management in Optics industry or similar experience.
- Focus on natural sciences, business management, industrial science or statistics. Quality planning, verification methods and quality monitoring.
- Proven ability to lead the quality assurance agenda across the facility.
- Professional experience in production and/or manufacturing, especially working with assembly line processes.
- Supervision experience is a plus.
- Formal ISO 9001 auditor training highly preferred.
- Familiarity with quality standards and processes to follow federal, state and local regulations.
- Communication skills to convey information in reports, meetings and status report.
- Knowledge of the product to perform accurate quality control.
- Attention to detail.
- Analysis, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills to review systems, find flaws and pose solutions to those flaws.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle stress.
- Ability to operate under deadlines while still meeting standards.
- Hands on - pragmatic, takes on responsibility and accountability to get the job done.
Get fresh Production Quality jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.