IT Support Technician Roles
We are looking for service-oriented IT Technicians to provide remote support for an assigned portfolio of clients while striving to achieve and surpass our service level commitments. Daily responsibilities will include technical support, project deliverables and auditing processes for a variety of client environments. Work will be conducted from our downtown Summerside offices. Senior team members will be provided occasional opportunities for travel to out-of-province professional training and conferences. Our service desk model is automated with no incoming calls to individuals. Thus, technicians must be both proactive and responsive, initiating email correspondence, screensharing sessions and outgoing calls as necessary for efficient and effective resolution of client service requests. Career growth allows for advanced technical skill development with increasing server/network support while mentoring alongside senior team members.
- Provide remote technical support for client hardware, network and application issues:
- PCs/MACs, handheld devices, storage devices, printers, servers, switches, wireless networks and firewalls
- Office 365, SharePoint, remote desktop, VMware, Veeam and end user applications on a variety of platforms
- security and disaster recovery testing; mail migration and office move projects; client onboarding and inventory audits; hardware/software/OS installation, configurations and upgrades
- Working closely with senior team members to ensure best practices and proactive planning for client environments, balanced with timely responsiveness to mission-critical emergencies:
- hardware failure, virus outbreaks, cyber attacks, utility interruptions, compromised security/infrastructure
- Proactively monitor servers, applications and services using a combination of remote tools
- Follow-up with clients, provide feedback and see assigned issues through to resolution
- Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support, working closely with senior technical team members or third-party vendors as necessary to resolve outstanding issues
- Evaluate, test and deploy software/hardware upgrades to client server infrastructure
- Update/close client tickets, maintain client IT documentation and enter daily time records
- Shift schedules and occasional after-hours work as required
- Good communication, organizational and time-management skills
- Strong client service skills and confidence when interacting with executive end users
- Strong troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced team environment
- Working knowledge of service desk software and remote-control software
- Strong proficiency in English – both spoken and written
- High School Diploma and at least one of the following:
- Degree or Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- IT industry certification
- Experience providing remote technical support in a professional environment
- All Starport employees must pass a background check within the first month of employment – to be renewed annually
We take pride in our work and share a passion for technology. Please visit www.starport.ca for further information.
RIT100 – IT Service Desk Analyst 1-3 years of technical support $13-$16/hr + benefits
RIT200 – IT Support Technician 1-3 years of professional technical support $14-$19/hr + benefits
RIT300 – IT Support Specialist 2-6 years of professional technical consulting and support $17-$25/hr + benefits
RIT400 – IT Senior Support Specialist 5-10 years of professional technical consulting and support $20-$31/hr + benefits
All above roles are full-time positions based out of the Holman Centre in Summerside, Prince Edward Island.
Please submit a soft copy resume to email@example.com - including your target position(s) in both the email subject line and attached cover letter.
Our current requirement is for two (2) new junior technical team members to start during Q3-2019.
Only Prince Edward Island regional applicants will be considered for these positions.
We will endeavor to contact qualified candidates within 5 business days to schedule a telephone interview.
Applicants must be prepared to attend an on-site interview at Starport’s downtown Summerside offices during standard business hours.