Starpoint Cañon City, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This hands-on Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the accuracy, integrity, and overall control of the agency’s financial and reporting systems. The CFO maintains an accounting environment that ensures financial compliance with GAAP, applicable laws, regulatory authorities, governmental entities, contractual obligations and terms, and grant requirements. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the CFO will lead all day-to-day accounting operations including functional responsibility for accounting, accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, and grant/contract administration.
- Direct and perform all of the general accounting operations, including general ledger, accounts payable, and payroll.
- Ensure GAAP compliance and data accuracy and integrity.
- Develop, improve and issue accurate, timely, and relevant monthly financial records and reports for Management and Board of Directors. Responsible for preparing and delivering to the CEO consolidated and departmental financial statements (Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains). Analyze the financial statements for potential coding errors, missing or overstated data, reasonableness, etc.
- Manage cash balances and project weekly and quarterly cash requirements. Ensure proper management and reconciliations of bank accounts, accounts payable and check disbursement activities, property tax matters, loans, and lease payments, insurance payments, rental property billing, and collection activities, and payroll tax matters.
- Manage the month-end and close year-end process; manage the accounting team and perform hands-on preparation of journal entries, account and bank reconciliations, cost allocations (program cost allocations and general and administrative cost allocations), and fundraising accounting.
- Manage annual independent audit process.
- Manage and ensure compliance with local, state, the federal government, and funding source reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Build and maintain accounting controls by recommending and documenting policies and procedures.
- Gather historical data and projections for use in the preparation of the annual operating budget. Design and coordinate the annual forecasting and budget planning processes; provide timelines to departmental leaders for relevant deliverables while consolidating data from multiple business units.
- Lead the review of projects, proposed projects, and revenue contracts or grant proposals and understand the Organization's cash flow, provide analysis as needed.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated success as Controller or Chief Financial Officer for at least 2 years.
- Nonprofit/Healthcare experience required.
- Bachler’s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting.
- CPA with nonprofit experience preferred.
- Hands-on experience in managing all accounting and financial aspects of a non-profit organization.
- Strong background in financial management, fund/NFP accounting, and government accounting.
- Demonstrated success-managing staff.
- Uncompromising integrity and transparency in dealing with employees, our board of directors, external auditors, customers, prospects, and investors.
StarpointWhy Work Here?
Awesome non-profit agency, benefits, supporting team environment, and providing services to remarkable people.
Starpoint (Developmental Opportunities dba Starpoint) is a Colorado 501 c 3 nonprofit organization established as a Community-Centered Board in 1977 to serve people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in Fremont, Chaffee, and Custer counties. Initial services were day program supports, residential supports, case management, and early intervention services for children birth to three. Over the years, the organization added the operation of preschools and Early Head Start.
701 S. 8th Street Canon City COCañon City, CO
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Starpoint