We are seeking an experienced and dedicated hotel general manager.
Prior hotel management experience is required.
Please note that due to the nature of the job and impact on hotel staff, the actual hotel is being kept confidential from this posting and will be disclosed during the interview process.
- Responsible for the overall success of the hotel.
- Manages all areas of the hotel in accordance with brand standards.
- Provides model performance for rest of staff to follow.
- Performs duties normally associated with supervisory position, such as hiring, training, evaluating, and disciplinary counseling of all on-site employees, under the direction of the hotel owner.
- Conducts staff meetings on regular basis.
- Attends management meetings when scheduled.
- Ensures staff is properly trained
- Provides additional training as necessary.
- Maintains open and clear communication with the community staff.
- Develops an integral team that effectively sells the quality and professionalism of the hotel.
- Represents the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Being available and approachable to all guests.
- Monitors maintenance activities to ensure guest requests and preventive maintenance programs are being performed according to hotel standards.
- Ensures completion of various daily, weekly and monthly reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reviews reports and makes operating recommendations to hotel owner.
- Reviews payroll and payroll-related forms; discusses exceptions and unusual circumstances with hotel owner and approves/disapproves as appropriate.
- Assists on-site employees as needed.
- Supports overall marketing efforts and offers input and suggestions.
- Analyzes and monitors the community market conditions in order to anticipate market changes or trends that could affect the profitability of the hotel.
- Develops a budget with other members of management staff.
- Work to achieve budgeted revenue and profit.
- Oversees all hotel related accounting functions.
- Prepare and implement a marketing and sales program.
- Review all management reports as required.
- Perform all hands-on duties as necessary.
- Integrates and analyzes the operations of various departments to achieve budgeted goals and objectives.
- Inspection of guest rooms and common areas as needed.
- Provide a safe working environment.
- Oversees use of proper supervision methods by department supervisors and that personnel issues are carried out in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Provides training and serves as a mentor to subordinate Managers.
- Maintain current licenses and permits.
- Becomes active in local business community and develops a rapport with the residential community.
- Attends and participates in training seminars as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum Education: High School
- Minimum Field-of-Expertise: hospitality management
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves company resources.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Design - Develops and produces creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Gives recognition when appropriate.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning and decision-making processes; Makes self accessible to staff; Provides regular feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback; Improves processes, products and services.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Teaching/Training - Clearly explains concepts; Varies presentation style to satisfy different learning needs.
Starlight Hospitality Inc