Who You Are:
You are a Network Administrator with 5+ years of experience in a professional setting. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can juggle priorities and deadlines with ease. You are well-versed in Systems Management, Customer Service, and Process Management. You have been responsible for the day-to-day management of all servers, including backup verification, error log analysis and recording, and issue troubleshooting. You are no stranger to analyzing server and system logs to identify issue trends and recommending support changes to reduce ticket volume.
You are a team player and have no problems serving as back up support for help desk technicians. You provide consistently high-quality customer service to end users, have experience with trouble shooting all data and voice lines issues, and you respond to requests in a timely manner to ensure overall customer satisfaction.
Personal and professional development are important to you. You work well independently as well as part of a cohesive team. You are well versed in providing impromptu training / education on various technologies. You are proud of the work you do. You enjoy and are up for a challenge!
This individual is responsible for the computer hardware and software that make up our computer network. He / She will maintain our computing environment by identifying network requirements, installing updates, and monitoring network performance.
He / She will be involved with the procurement of new hardware, the roll out of new software, and maintenance of all required licenses. In addition, this position will serve to support the organization during office moves, by providing phone and tech support, as well as security upgrades. This individual will work directly with vendors by negotiating contracts on our behalf.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years' experience as a Network Administrator.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or relative field preferred, or equivalent in work experience.
- Technical certifications (ID) preferred.
- Must have expert skills in Microsoft Office 365, Windows Operating systems (server and workstation), and VMWare.
- Must have Advanced skills in Windows Networking, Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft 365 Administration, and PC and printer troubleshooting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical skills, and the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated, multi-tasking, ability to prioritize and perform a variety of concurrent tasks with limited direction.
- Proven track record of personal and professional growth and development.
- Availability for rotating, on-call support services outside normal working hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to travel to branches as needed. Some domestic travel required, primarily in the Northeast.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Desire for personal and professional growth.
Who We Are:
Starkweather is a 144-year-old company with the reputation of being one of the Best Places to Work in our territory. We are owned by a Trust and run by the Trustees along with a Board of Directors whose mission is to provide stability and security for our clients and our employees. We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, annual bonus, 401(k) match and generous profit-sharing plan.
Our benefits package is equally as robust including, Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA and HRA plans. We offer an open-ended performance driven vacation and sick policy, Beneficial Time Off, as well as a relaxed dress code. Also offered are Life, LTD, voluntary opportunities for Supplemental Life, Supplemental LTD, Pet Insurance, Accident and Critical Care, Legal, and Identity Theft services
Starkweather & Shepley provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee and are not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities and duties. These statements do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the organization.
Starkweather & Shepley Insurance Brokerage Inc.East Providence, RI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.