Ranger (Public Safety Officer)
The Stark County Park District, Public Safety Department is currently seeking a full time Ranger (Public Safety Officer). This position is expected to work under general direction of the Public Safety Manager (Chief) and is responsible for enforcing Ohio laws as well as park rules and regulations throughout various Stark County Park District locations.
- Patrol various park sites (trails, land, bodies of water, etc.) by emergency equipped vehicle, bicycle, on foot, or by use of other designated specialized vehicle(s)(boat, ATV, etc.).
- Enforce applicable Ohio laws and park rules and regulations by use of appropriate means (citations, custodial arrests, etc.).
- Prepares and is responsible for completion of various reports and paperwork involved in various arrests/citations/case dispositions, etc.
- Promote positive public relations by interacting with and assisting park patrons and staff; providing information, directions, answering questions and conducting various education programs as needed (hunting courses, etc.).
- Investigates criminal activity throughout the park and seizes, collects and processes evidence maintaining proper chain of custody for use in criminal prosecution.
- Introductory knowledge of procedures, practices and techniques used in law enforcement as well as fundamental principles of safety practices and methods used in the field.
- Introductory knowledge of ORC relating to wildlife, watercraft and criminal laws.
- Proficiency in physical arrest tactics and firearms usage.
- Must possess and maintain Ohio Peace Officer Certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally, with a diverse population.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct criminal investigations.
High School diploma or GED required; must possess and maintain Ohio Peace Officer Certification. Valid driver's license appropriate for vehicle assignment required. This position requires working various hours and days of the week, including afternoons and holidays as needed.
Must be eligible for employment in the United States, have a valid driver's license, and be insurable. Pre-employment background checks, drug screening, and physical and psychological evaluations will be performed.
EOE - M/F/D/V
Stark ParksMassillon, OH
GovernmentView All Stark Parks Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.