Associate 3D Artist
- Posted: over a month ago
We are currently seeking a full-time, Associate 3D Artist, to create art assets for an unannounced project. The ideal candidate is skillful in creating a variety of art assets and has a strong artistic eye. Furthermore, the artist should be comfortable with a technical pipeline involving different tools along with a proprietary in-house engine. Overall, this candidate must be passionate about creating game experiences beyond simply creating assets. This is a salaried, full-time position located in our Plymouth, MI studio with remote options available currently.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Produce high-quality 2D and 3D assets according to design specs, technical requirements, and best practices.
- Coordinate with the games team to ensure project visual and technical standards.
- Complete art on schedule with project milestones.
- Continuously learn and explore the pipeline of game development.
- Additional responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
Education and/or Experience Desired:
- Experience creating a variety of 3D game assets as displayed in a visual portfolio.
- Experience creating 2D art such as textures, concept paintings, and icons.
- Knowledge of standard industry tools such as Z-Brush, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Photoshop, 3D Studio Max, Maya, World Machine.
- Strong grasp of color, form, composition.
- Experience working in a PBR asset creation pipeline.
- Well-developed communication, teamwork, and collaboration skills.
- Degree or certification in 3D art, digital art, or related discipline.
- Experience working on a game with a proprietary engine.
- Experience creating both organic and hard-surface assets.
- Experience creating environment assets.
- Experience creating animation and VFX.
- Experience working on a strategy game.
Arts and Entertainment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?