Associate Director, Media Strategy
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As the Human Experience Company, we are a global media agency that believes in the alchemy of people and technology to create experiences people love and actions brands need. It’s in our DNA. We’re powered by the strength of our innovative, driven and, intelligent people who are deeply passionate about achieving best-in-class results on behalf of our clients –some of the world’s leading marketers.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of perks rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.Job Description
The Associate Director, Strategy oversees a strategy team and manages cross-media strategy and planning campaigns. The Associate Director owns planning activities for complex or large spend campaigns, and is responsible for generating strategic insights while driving learnings across the full suite of the client’s activities.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a thoughtful decision maker and team player who loves data and has the proven ability to lead strategic planning initiatives including deck writing, budget and channel allocation and audience development. This is an energetic, collaborative team that partners with an analytics-driven client to provide guidance as they continue to grow and evolve their brand.
- Strategize with internal directors and client to develop innovative, well-targeted marketing solutions
- Interface with clients and partner agencies to build strategic communication plans for targeted audiences
- Review client deliverables for quality, ensuring that recommendations and work product are sound and viable
- Own the development of strategic proposals and client facing POVs, coordinating with necessary teams to account for all relevant inputs
- Assume accountability and ownership of campaign planning for assigned client accounts
- Embrace and encourage a culture based on team work, collaboration, and support
- Develop best practices for improving communication and collaboration within the team and the group
- Lead knowledge share sessions to share and learn new strategies for optimizing and enhancing campaign performance
- Collaborate and foster relationships with key partners including clients, internal teams, and leadership
- Lead strategic planning initiatives including deck writing, budget and channel allocation, and audience development
- Serve as escalation point for teams to help troubleshoot issues
- Support development of strategic approach and experience design by delivering channel ideas and providing the link to reality of historical performance and in-market opportunities
- Responsible for management and development of Associates, Senior Associates, and Supervisors
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, advertising, business, marketing, or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years of experience in media strategy/planning experience across media channels
- Previous team management experience
- Strong digital media experience preferred
- Resourceful, curious, and motivated individual with an ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Ability to manage timelines, projects and personnel within direct report team and across cross-functional teams
- Proven experience in successfully managing multiple work streams at one time
- Strong organizational, communication, and time-management skills
- Excellent presentation skills to effectively lead meetings in-person with key clients
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and manage priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with strong understanding of Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working within media systems/platforms (Kantar, MOAT, Prisma, ComScore a plus)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
BusinessView all jobs at Starcom
Get fresh Associate Media Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.