Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by leading a team of decision scientists and data analysts to transform our supply chain data into actionable insights. You will guide business decisions though being able to interpret, automate, and visualize large scale data and outputs. You will be able to synthesize information to be consumed by business partners at all levels from operators to executives across the breath of supply chain functions. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Extract data from various data sources; perform exploratory data analysis, cleanse, reshape, and aggregate data
- Develop and deliver both regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards for leadership to support data-driven decision-making
- Evangelize data analytics best practices among peers and stakeholders
- Apply basic and advanced statistical concepts to answer business questions
- Build predictive models and complex descriptive analytics, clustering and market-based analysis
- Participate in discussions with business partners to define business questions and recommend appropriate methods to address business questions; translate unstructured strategic questions into structured analysis plan
- Partner with IT to implement analytic insights and recommendations into business processes (e.g., feed of modeling scores into campaign manager, implementation of additional analytics tags, automation of new KPIs)
- Present insights & explain methods to stakeholders at various levels in organization
- Contribute to analytic project proposals
- Exposure to and business-applicable experience in several languages (e.g., SQL, R, Python)
- 3 plus years within data analysis field or discipline
- Education: BA/BS w/ concentration in quantitative discipline - Stats, Math, Comp Sci, Engineering, Econ, or similar
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Demonstrated experience with SQL, PowerPoint
- High proficiency with Python and Alteryx
- Working knowledge of statistics (descriptive, regression, etc.)
- Business experience with several data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Retail, customer loyalty, or eCommerce experience preferred
Puts the Customer First: Has a relentless focus on the customer. Understands what the customer wants and how to best deliver the experience.
Works Well with Others: Listens and communicates well with others within and outside of Starbucks. Creates a team environment that is positive and productive.
Leads Courageously: Takes personal responsibility to do the right thing and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty. Adapts quickly to change and makes timely, thoughtful decisions.
Develops Continuously: Continuously seek opportunities to improve self and others. Leads with trust, honesty and commitment to hire, coach and develop partners to achieve their potential.
Achieves Results: Understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results. Demonstrates knowledge of core products and processes to get results. Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimize their impact.
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.