Now Brewing - Project Engineer! #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and its rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing and supporting partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
Job Summary and Mission
The Starbucks Operations Engineering and Innovation team is responsible for the functional design of all Starbucks stores. We make sure the layout, flow and capacity of the stores are optimized to keep our stores running smoothly and efficiently.
As a member of the team, your work will impact the experience of millions of customers and hundreds of thousands of store partners on a daily basis. Projects will include giving engineering input on new and existing store designs, implementing new innovations into store operations, and analysis, simulation and optimization of the flow of customers, operators and materials through the store.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Leveraging your previous experience, we will enable you to:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assesses the benefits of engineering technology and methods changes to operations. Integrates engineering principles and manufacturing technologies, and resolves technical obstacles for specific engineering projects
- Executes engineering and customer objectives against performance measures. Recommends improvements of existing methods based on risk and benefit analysis. Resolves most execution issues on projects with minimal supervision
- Participates on cross-functional project teams and acts as a resource in resolving technical obstacles. Promotes development of strong working relationships among engineering partners on teams as well as with vendors
- Develop and implement processes to measure, analyze, and improve equipment performance (reliability) and communicate prioritization of plant performance improvement projects (at plant locations)
- Collaborate with maintenance and operations partners to upgrade preventative maintenance (PM) processes and process control systems, constantly incorporating new knowledge that has been developed to improve performance and reliability (at plant locations)
- Manage small to medium capital projects, applying technical expertise and project management methods and tools during design, construction and commissioning.
- Oversee detailed root cause analysis of reliability issues. Coach partners to develop and improve analytical trouble-shooting skills, applying six sigma and/or total productive maintenance tools and methods.
We'd love to hear from people with:
Summary of Experience
- Engineering (electrical, mechanical, chemical or industrial) (3 years)
- Experience in consumer products or food company and plant experience, either technical or production (3 years)
- Project management (3 years)
- Supervision, including direct supervision of contractors (1 year)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Team-building skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing