Starbrook Modular, an off-site manufacturing facility of modular commercial and residential projects is seeking skilled individuals for the position of Modular Production Team Lead. Team Leads will act in a supervisory roll to a team of helpers and laborers as well as perform production work in one to several trades depending on qualifications possessed. The position assists other Team Leads and the Production Manager with daily facility operations including process and procedure improvements. This position includes hands-on involvement in the production line along with managerial responsibilities.
All work is done inside our climate controlled manufacturing facility. No more rainy, hot or cold days on a job site.
Several positions available.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform various skilled trades operations to facilitate the completion of modular construction projects. Skill set required will be based on trade specialty.
- Supervise the activities of laborers and helpers
- Accurately measure, cut, and join wood, drywall, fiberglass, plastic, and other building materials
- Frame structures and walls and install cabinets, ceilings, doors, floors, fixtures, prefabricated panels, and scaffolding
- Use power tools including but not limited to, electric saws, hammer drill, drills, reciprocating saws, band saw, jig saw, miter boxes, pneumatic nail guns and sanding machines
- Verify trueness of structure or other building components using plumb bob and level
- Proficient in use of hand tools including but not limited to hammers, levels, tape measure, chisels, pliers, wrenches, pry bars, cat’s claw, block planes, hand sanders, utility knives, tin snips, and squares
- Installation and finish of drywall panels on interior wall and ceiling surfaces
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saw
- Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure, using bolts, nails, or screws
- Erect and align forms, framework, scaffolds, hoists, roof supports, or chutes
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, stairs, and other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter's hand tools, and power tools
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools
- Install windows utilizing flashing systems to protect windows, doors, and other non-roof detail areas from the negative effects of water and moisture
- Design, assemble, install, test, and repair electrical fixtures and wiring
- Install HVAC systems that control the temperature, humidity, and air quality of enclosed environments.
- Understand specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required
- Possess knowledge of common tools and equipment used in trades work, along with ways of maintaining and repairing them
- Uphold all applicable OSHA safety standards
Skills or Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a journeyman tradesman or similar role
- Previous supervisory experience, including responsibility for training, mentoring, evaluating, and performance coaching.
- Knowledge of Construction Practices and Terminology in all trades.
- Knowledge of manufacturing safety and quality standards covering construction, installations, finishing, and inspection.
- Must be able to manage time effectively, multi-task & prioritize to meet established goals & deadlines.
- Can analyze & resolve problems. Excellent organizational, leadership & communication skills.
- Display hand-to-eye coordination, mathematical skills, strength, and stamina
- Lift and/or pull 50 lbs., climb ladders, work off ladders, man lifts or other equipment
- OSHA 10 certification
- OSHA 30 preferred