Click, share, like! We’re looking for a driven digital marketing and communications associate who has the desire to learn while enhancing their skill set. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to problem solve, multi task, work independently and collaborate with others.
The Marketing & Communications Associate is a full time position, which reports directly to the Marketing & Communications Manager and is responsible for supporting various aspects of the company’s initiatives listed below. The position is based in the corporate offices in Virginia Beach, VA.
· Update social media channels including Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, YouTube, and blog
· Assist in all facets of event coordination, including ordering booth materials, creating mailing lists, coordinating promotions, and organizing and shipping show materials
· Support Marketing & Communications Manager with developing literature and e-marketing campaigns
· Track related industry news, research and analytics.
· Help Marketing & Sales develop digital and print advertising campaigns
· Perform other administrative duties and specific projects, as assigned at the discretion of executive management.
Hours: 40 hours per week
- Understanding of and experience with implementing and measuring best-practice social media marketing programs
- Advanced Microsoft Office proficiency including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Publisher, Illustrator or other graphic design programs is a plus
- Must have excellent proof reading, verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to take initiative, think creatively and solve problems
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with social media applications and best practices (Blogs, Facebook, LinkedIn, Yelp, Twitter, YouTube)
- Excellent team liaison skills
- Ability to set KPIs and monitor email performance data
- An understanding of basic marketing principles
- A strong passion for marketing automation and digital marketing
- Comfort with communicating with internal partners at all levels and as well as an external audience
- Able to lift and move trade show materials of 30-50 lbs
- 1-3 years of previous experience
· BS or BA in Marketing, Communications or other related fields preferred. Associates in corresponding courses will be considered.
· Pay is commensurate with experience.