Star Refining is looking for an experienced inside sales representative (ISR) or a standout trainee candidate to join our growing team. The Company operates in 30+ states across the US. We are focused on increasing our customer base in established territories and expanding to new US and international territories. The qualified candidate will help Star roll out an aggressive business development initiative in California. This is a position with big potential for rapid advancement!
Star Refining purchases high-value recyclable materials from dental offices nationwide. As an inside sales support rep you will be "mission control" for 4-8 field sales reps each of whom visits dozens of dental offices every day. You’ll be based in Charlottesville, VA, and will support our field sales reps across the country.
- Work in a positive people-oriented office environment.
- Learn how to use cutting-edge data-driven/CRM sales and marketing tools and tactics.
- $500 bonus after successfully completing 90 days.
- Opportunity for internal promotion and advancement.
- Clear performance goals; compensation reviews every six months.
- Create daily "Drive Lists" and Call Lists for field sales reps based on a pre-defined territory strategy.
- Prepare daily Route Plans for your field sales reps.
- Help field reps stay organized, manage their appointments and optimize their time on-the-road.
- Call proven accounts to book appointments.
- Call prospective accounts to qualify them and book appointments.
- Assist with digital direct sales support via email, text, web & social media marketing. (Training provided.)
- Quickly and efficiently respond to field sales rep needs and requests, including: updating Drive Lists, calling an account, updating account information in CRM and more.
- Clean and enhance data in our CRM.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Highly dependable and hard-working. Your field sales reps will rely on you every day.
- Team player motivated by success. When your field sales reps win, you win!
- A self-starter with a willingness to lend a hand whenever needed.
- Strong aptitude for learning new digital tools and techniques.
- Willing and able to learn from management and inject your own creativity to reach your full potential in a fast-paced, constantly evolving business climate.
- Effective multi-tasking skills: you will be handling a steady stream of phone calls and text messages from customers and reps while handling time-critical preparation of daily drive lists and call lists.
- Relevant degree and sales & marketing training preferred but not required.
- If you have experience working in a dental office you may qualify to receive on-the-job training even if you have no prior sales and marketing experience.
- Daily work schedule will be Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM. (Hours are subject to change.)
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: you will work with established and prospective prospective customers and you will be in constant text, email, phone and videoconference contact with the field sales reps you are supporting.
- Ability to quickly learn to become a power user of Star’s custom Mac/iOS CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system. ISRs receive extensive CRM training.
- Ability to learn to read, analyze and interpret sales and marketing reports.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and field sales reps.