OT/ Occupational Therapist Needed
Location: Harlingen, TX
Start Date: October 1, 2019-January 1, 2019
Length: 9+ months
Pay Rate: $50/hr – local or $25/hr taxed + $25/hr non-taxed if more than 50 miles from the facility
Brief Job Description:
- The therapist performs and interprets assessments and renders clinical and consultative services to consumers.
- Work may involve but is not limited to evaluation and treatment of circulatory studies; fabrication of orthotic seating, mobility, and positioning devices; acute/restorative treatment; and other specialized modalities utilized in the treatment of individuals with developmental disabilities.
- The therapists plans, develops, and implements complex physical nutritional programs and treatment protocols to treat, improve, or maintain the individual’s level of health and function.
- The therapist performs monitoring and tracking and trending of data pertaining to services and devise; participates in the IDT and assists in development of the ISP; performs staff training and mentoring for devises/strategies; and participates in quality assurance and quality enhancement activities related to provision of therapeutic services at the facility and State level.
- The therapist may plan, assign, and supervise the work of departmental staff.
- This position may oversee the coordination of the student internships or other educational programs and may conduct research in therapeutic outcomes and practices.
- The therapist works independently with minimal supervision with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and judgment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
- The therapist administers and interprets assessments for consumers. 20% plans, develops, and implements treatment protocols to treat improve, or maintains consumer’s level of function or minimize risk; 20% designs and fabricates construction of seating, mobility, positioning, and other assistive equipment; 15% reviews and analyzes assessments, progress efficacy on therapeutic services; 10% participates in quality assurance and enhancement activities related to therapeutic services at the facility and state level; 5% plans, assigns, and supervises the work of others; 5% designs, directs, and oversees competency based training programs; 10% participates in conferences for diagnosis and treatment planning; 15% other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of the principles of Occupational Therapy and their application to the treatment of individuals with cognitive impairment and developmental disabilities.
- Knowledge of therapeutic principles and techniques.
- Ability to perform assessments, develop programs, administer therapy programs, and to coordinate program activities.
- Ability to analyze assessment data and relate findings to remediation of health risk and skill acquisition.
- Ability to evaluate, prescribes, and provide seating, mobility, positioning, and assistive devices.
- Ability to impart general and specific information about treatment to persons with various levels of experience.
- Ability to follow instructions and base decision on current policies.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written and verbal form.
- Ability to produce reports, progress notes, and assessments utilizing computer technology.
- Ability to work well with staff, foster the team process, and assume leadership role as indicated.
- Skill in the use of rehabilitation and orthopedic equipment, materials, and tools and in the repair of rehabilitation therapy equipment.
Licensure/Certification or Registration:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university program with a degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Must be licensed as an Occupational Therapist in the State of Texas. Experience in developmental Disabilities is preferred.