LVN’s – License Vocational Nurses – 6 months contract
Location: Mexia, TX
Facility: Skilled Care/Long Term Care
Length: 6 months or longer
Pay Period: 8hrs/40hrs week
Experience: 1+ years of experience in a long-term care facility
Start date: July 16, 2020
Pay rate: $27/hr (local)
$29/hr = ($12/hr taxed + $17/hr housing stipend)
*** Must be 50 miles away from permanent residence to qualify housing allowance
Job Description: Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Licensed Vocational Nurse Provides routine vocational nursing work.
- Work involves providing for the care, treatment, and general welfare of patients.
- May train others. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Works under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse, and performs Nursing duties within the assigned areas and assigned shift.
- The LVN performs basic and complex nursing tasks to fulfill the health needs of the individuals.
- The LVN keeps informed of and follows all agency, facility and unit policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Administers medications and treatments orally, rectally, internally, or by injection.
2. Performs technical Nursing procedures according to facility and state regulations after demonstration for competency.
3. Documents and reports pertinent observations.
4. Communicates orally and in writing to other team members’ pertinent information. Documents according to facility policy.
5. Responds to emergency situations to ensure safety of individuals. Follows safety and Infection Control Procedures of facility.
6. Monitors patients for treatments and procedures.
7. Collects samples for laboratory examination and performs routine lab tests on samples, as required.
8. Counsels patients with specific health goals.
9. LVN II assists other staff in turning/repositioning individuals to administer treatments.
10. Ensures that supplies are available.
11. Locates, transports and handles client record.
12. Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned. Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency’s obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Knowledge of nursing procedures and techniques and the principles and process used in providing patient care.
- Ability to provide patient care and to prepare and maintain records, to communicate effectively and to train others.
- Ability to apply principles and practices to assess, prevent and control diseases. Skills in using reasoning to identify problems, in considering appropriate resolution of situations, and in the operation of computers and applicable computer software.
- Must maintain current CPR certification. Must have strength and flexibility to safely perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of emergency procedures and emergency equipment.
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
1. Graduation from an approved vocational or practical nursing education program accredited by the Texas State Board of Nursing;
2. AND licensed to practice as a licensed vocation nurse in the state of Texas (or a state that recognizes reciprocity through the Nurse Licensure Compact
- Current Resume
- LVN- TX – license- Active
- Current BLS/CPR
- 2+ years experience in acute care/Subacute care/Long-term care
- 2 current clinical references
- Physical (within 12 months)
- TB skin test (within 12 months)
- Vaccinations: MMR/Hep B/Varicella
- Must be able to pass background/urine drug screening
For consideration for this positions please forward your resume to this job posting. Please ensure your resume demonstrates 2+ years a minimum of current long-term care experience. Sorry no home health nurses will be considered
Star Nursing, Inc.
Why Work Here?Star Nursing is a Joint Commission Certified healthcare staffing agency with thousands of nationwide opportunities. Travel, direct hire, and temporary positions available, highest rates in the industry!
Our specialty is YOU