Star City Eye Care, LLC in Roanoke, VA is looking for a Front Desk Receptionist/Technician who is responsible for several important patient care tasks and plays a critical front line role that requires great communication, customer service, and organizational skills. Responsibilities include answering phones, making appointments, checking patients in/out, processing prescription glasses and contact lens orders, maintaining clinical records, preparing patients to be seen by the doctor, inputting patient information and chief complaint into EMR software. We are looking for someone with experience working in a medical environment that has computer experience. A successful candidate will be self-motivated, friendly personality, customer service focused, organized and detail-oriented with an ability to multitask while working in a fast-paced environment. This position requires a lot of teamwork and provides a great opportunity to join a growing and successful practice.
We offer excellent compensation and benefit packages to include:
- Competitive compensation
- Full-Time position
- Sick Days
- Vacation Days
- Federal Holidays
- ST/LT Disability Insurance benefits
- The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists the doctor in the examination and treatment of patients by performing visual tests or procedures.
- Duties include gathering patient information, pre-testing, screening of patients, other specialty testing, working with the doctor and general office duties.
- Records patient case history, conducts visual screening tests such as visual acuity, color vision, depth perception, visual field charting for analysis and interpretation.
- Takes ophthalmic photographs.
- Prepares ophthalmic formulations.
- Performs periodic maintenance and calibration checks on clinic diagnostic equipment.
- Reviews reports and records for accuracy and compliance.
- Reports doctor’s findings and codes exams.
- Maintain a professional atmosphere and appearance of doctor’s exam lane and pre-test room
- Ensure equipment and exam rooms (both Doctor’s and pre-test) is properly maintained.
- Participate in regularly scheduled mandatory communication meetings to keep informed of changes in office policies.
- Ophthalmic/optometric/medical experience is preferred but not required.
- Proficient with standard office equipment; multi-task comfortably; ability to work with a high degree of professionalism
- Exemplary organizational skills.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or General Education Degree
- Basic office equipment and computer skills
- Excellent customer service, organizational and multi-tasking skills are needed
- Conversationalist who knows how to listen and is friendly, thoughtful, able to put others at ease, can respond promptly to patient needs, and find solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated candidates with a great work ethic is strongly desired.
Job Type: Full-time