Staples is focused on our customer and our community, and as the General Manager you will lead your retail store in being positive, inclusive and collaborative while helping your customers achieve their goals. As a General Manager with Staples, you will make a visible impact as a retail leader and business professional in driving your stores merchandise sales, technical services portfolio, print & marketing services, business-to-business network and community relationships.
We are investing in our stores and our people, and like our customers who are goal-oriented and curious, we empower our people to learn, grow and deliver. You will establish a great retail culture that supports and strengthens your team as well as delivers on Staples values. Your team will have the customer’s needs in mind while helping customers find products, providing answers & solutions, and providing a differentiated customer experience.
Provide strong leadership in community, customer service, and team development.
- Ensure that the store culture embodies Staples values and its commitment to the community
- Champion a consultative and customer centric environment primarily focused on the small business customer’s needs
- Empower your team to learn, grow and deliver through teaching, coaching and inspiring
- Pursue, attract, coach and retain talented employees
Lead merchandise sales, print & marketing services and retail operations within your store.
- Drive profitable sales and margin while reducing variability and improving performance YoY
- Hold yourself and your team accountable for flawless execution of operational excellence
· Coach every manager and supervisor to create a culture of consultative selling and total solutions
· Overall leadership of running a store, additional responsibilities as needed or assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred
- 1+ years progressively responsible store management experience in a retail environment as a General/Store Manager
· Store Operations experience with analysis, planning, financial acumen and driving results
· Ability to be a Champion of Staples values
- Experience working in a consultative selling environment that provides customers a total solution
- Proven experience modeling the way to establish and create a customer centric environment
- Experience leading a team in operational excellence to drive profitable YOY sales and margins
- Proven track record of leading a team to strengthen and support small business customers preferred