Staples is focused on our customer and our community. As a Retail Sales Manager you will make a visible impact driving sales in Staples retail, technical services portfolio and business-to-business network. You will lead your team in being positive, inclusive and collaborative while helping your customers achieve their goals.
We are investing in our people and our stores, empowering you to learn, grow and deliver. You will establish a great, fun retail culture that supports and strengthens your team as well as delivers on Staples values. Your team will have the customer’s needs in mind while helping them find products, providing answers & solutions, and creating a differentiated customer experience.
Get great perks because, you matter.
- Flexible hours/shifts, generous paid time off and bonus plan
- Associate store discount and more perks (discounts on mobile plans, movie tickets, etc.)
- 401(k) plan with a company match, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and many more benefits
Provide strong leadership in community, customer service, and team development.
- Ensure that the store culture embodies Staples values and its commitment to the community
- Promote a consultative and customer centric environment primarily focused on small business customer’s needs
- Lead and develop a high-performing team focused on a culture of exceptional service, consultative selling and total solutions
- Empower your team to learn, grow and deliver through teaching, coaching and inspiring
Play a leadership role in helping your store, your people and your customer win.
- Engage and coach your team to achieve targeted sales goals and profit margins
- Build out your store’s network of repeat business customers and present them with solutions that meet their needs
- Hold yourself and your team accountable for flawless execution of operational excellence
- Share responsibility as the “Manager on duty”, total store operations and other duties as assigned
Essential skills and experience:
- 2+ years leading a sales team in a retail or service environment
- High School diploma or equivalent (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- Experience leading a team in a customer-centric, solutions-based environment
- Must be able to engage and speak to customers and understand their needs
- Ability to lift/move materials in the 10-50 pound range, climb ladders, stand and walk continuously
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience using financial metrics to track sales progress to drive profitable sales and margins
- Ability to network and engage with the community
- Experience in selling to small businesses in a retail or service environment
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.