Staples is focused on our customer and our community. As a General Manager (Store Manager) with Staples, you will make a visible impact as a retail leader and business professional in driving your stores merchandise sales, technical services portfolio, print & marketing services, business-to-business network and community relationships. The General Manager will lead his/her retail store in being positive, inclusive and collaborative while helping your customers achieve their goals.
We are investing in our people and our stores, empowering our people to learn, grow and deliver. You will establish a fun, team-oriented retail culture that supports and strengthens your team as well as delivers on Staples values. Your team will have the customer’s needs in mind while helping customers find products, providing answers & solutions, and providing a differentiated customer experience.
Get great perks because, you matter.
- Flexible hours/shifts, generous paid time off and bonus plan
- Associate store discount and more perks (discounts on mobile plans, movie tickets, etc.)
- 401(k) plan with a company match, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and many more benefits
Provide strong leadership in community, customer service, and team development.
- Ensure that the store culture embodies Staples values and its commitment to the community
- Develop a consultative and customer centric environment primarily focused on the small business customer’s needs
- Empower your team to learn, grow and deliver through teaching, coaching and inspiring
- Pursue, attract, coach and retain talented employees
Play the lead role in helping your store, your people and your customer win.
- Lead merchandise sales, print & marketing services and retail operations
- Drive profitable sales and margin while reducing variability and improving performance YoY
- Hold yourself and your team accountable for flawless execution of operational excellence
- Coach every manager and supervisor to create a culture of consultative selling and total solutions
- Overall leadership of running a store, additional responsibilities as needed or assigned
Essential skills and experience:
- 1+ year progressively responsible store management experience in a retail environment as a General/Store Manager
- Store Operations experience with analysis, planning, financial acumen and driving results
- Experience creating a customer centric environment and working in a consultative selling environment that provides customers a total solution
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience developing a team in operational excellence to drive profitable YOY sales and margins
- Ability to lift/move materials in the 10-50 pound range, climb ladders, stand and walk continuously
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Ability to engage with the community and network & support small business customers
#ZR #TR #LI-TR1
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.