Staples Energy, a leading provider of energy efficiency programs, is looking for a Sales Professional with exceptional people skills to provide sales, customer enrollment and customer support in our continuously changing and fast-paced environment. Knowledge of the energy field is preferred.
Staples Energy is an energy savings company that partners with local utilities and government agencies to implement direct install energy efficiency programs. "Going green" has caught on immensely, and we're planning on leading the change for more efficient and beneficial energy programs.
We currently have an opening working with our residential program located in Hayward, CA.
You will do well here if:
- You are driven by sales goals and achievements
- You are responsive to customer requests and pride yourself on follow-through
- You enjoy and adapt well to a fast-changing environment
- You are resourceful
- You are professional and friendly
- You have a knack for sales
This is a commissioned sales position with weekly goals. To achieve these goals, you must encourage customers to upgrade their inefficient lighting and refrigeration at a reduced cost. To educate customers on how they can save energy in their business and reduce their utility bills. To develop your role by continuously growing, to learn how to be a sales and customer service guru and help us become a more successful company by increasing sales volume.
Daily Tasks Include:
- Skillfully introduce Staples Energy and explain the program to the customer
- Perform an energy assessment of the customer’s business according to the program guidelines
- Identify and record opportunities for saving energy and review with the customer
- Explain the enrollment process and collect all necessary documents
- Sell the customer on the benefits of energy efficiency upgrades
- Discuss scheduling and any special accommodations the customer may need
- Ability to conduct cold calls and enroll customers
- Maintain a good driving record, valid driver’s license, and a qualified level of vehicle insurance
- Pass all background and drug screens.
- Ability to close a sale and work with a diversity of people
- Ability to generate leads through cold calls
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Work well both independently and as a member of a high-performance team
- Punctuality and ability to meet deadlines and schedules
- Commitment to quality and customer satisfaction
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
Bonus Points for:
- Experience in a sales environment, specifically the energy field
- Knowledge of the energy field including lighting and/or refrigeration
If you’re an outgoing go-getter and this seems like something you would be interested in or passionate about, we want to hear from you! Submit your resume and, put some effort and creativity in your cover letter/email. We do read them!
Health insurance including dental and vision coverage. 401K retirement plans and life insurance options. Paid time off benefits including holidays, vacation, sick and personal time. In addition, we provide the latest technology to support top performance. We provide a vehicle, phone, and laptop. We provide training with growth and advancement opportunities.
This is a commissioned sales position.