Staples Energy, a leading provider of Energy Efficiency Programs, is looking for an Energy Efficiency Installer with experience to provide support in our continuously changing and fast-paced environment. Knowledge of the energy/electrical field is not needed; however, a willingness to learn is vital.
Staples Energy is an energy savings company that partners with local utilities and government agencies to implement direct install energy efficiency programs. "Going green" has caught on immensely, and we're planning on leading the change for more efficient and beneficial energy programs.
We currently have an opening working with our program located in Pewaukee, WI.
You will do well here if:
- You do whatever it takes to make a customer happy
- You enjoy and adapt well to a fast-changing environment
- You are resourceful
- You are professional and friendly
- You have a reputation of being "handy"
- You do whatever it takes to make a customer happy (that’s right, we said it twice)
Responsibilities and Duties
Remove old equipment and installs new energy-efficient measures, primarily energy-efficient refrigeration motor upgrades and lighting, at the customer’s facility. Responsible for recording and reporting job data as outlined by the Crew Foreman.
- Employee will be required to climb 6-ft to 10-ft ladders to access work
- Employee will be required to work with power tools and operate equipment
- Employee may come in contact with hazardous material and/or substances while working
- Employee may need to lift up to 50lbs and requires full range of motion
- Employee will be required to crawl and access confined spaces
- Work is primarily Indoors, clean environment and year-round
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- HVAC experience
- Professional conduct and safety in customers’ businesses
- Pass background and drug screening
- Required to complete projects in a timely manner
- Employee is required to have a good driving record, a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Proficient spoken and written English
- Attention to detail
- Participate in evening or weekend support when needed
- Work well both independently and as a member of a high-performance team
- Punctuality and ability to meet daily schedules
- Commitment to quality and customer satisfaction
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
Bonus Points for
- Hold a valid journeyman electrician license
- Knowledge of the energy field
Health insurance including dental and vision coverage. 401K retirement plans and life insurance options. Paid time off benefits including holidays, vacation, sick and personal time. In addition, we provide the latest technology to support top performance. We provide training with growth and advancement opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Desired Experience (not mandatory):
- Journeyman Electrician: 2 years
- High school or equivalent