Staples Energy, a leading provider of energy efficiency programs, is looking for a candidate with exceptional people skills to provide customer support in our continuously changing and fast paced environment. Knowledge of the energy field is not needed; however, a willingness to learn is vital.
Staples Energy is an energy savings company that partners with local utilities and government agencies to implement direct install energy efficiency programs. "Going green" has caught on immensely, and we're planning on leading the change for more efficient and beneficial energy programs.
We are looking for 2-3 Energy Specialist to support our sales department for our San Diego Office.
You will do well here if:
- You do whatever it takes to make a customer happy
- You enjoy and adapt well to a fast-changing environment
- You are resourceful
- You are professional and friendly
- You have a knack for sales
- You do whatever it takes to make a customer happy (that’s right, we said it twice)
To educate customers on how they can save energy in their place of business and reduces their utility bills. To develop your role by continuously growing, to learn how to be a customer service guru, and help us become a more successful company.
Daily Tasks Include:
- Skillfully introduce Staples Energy and explain the program to the customer
- Perform an energy assessment (audit) of the customer’s business according to the program guidelines
- Identify and record opportunities for saving energy and review with the customer
- Explain the enrollment process and collect all necessary documents
- Discuss and scheduling or special accommodations the customer may have
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Attend utility program trainings and pass required tests
- Reliable personal vehicle for everyday job duties
- Maintain a good driving record, valid driver’s license, and qualified level of vehicle insurance
- Pass all background and drug screens.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to close a sale and work with a diversity of people
- Participate in evening or weekend support when needed
- Work well both independently and as a member of a high performance team
- Punctuality and ability to meet deadlines and schedules
- Commitment to quality and customer satisfaction
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
Bonus Points for:
- Spanish speaking
- Experience in a sales environment
- Knowledge of the energy field
If you’re an outgoing go-getter and this seems like something you would be interested in or passionate about, we want to hear from you!
Health insurance including dental and vision coverage. 401K retirement plans and life insurance options. Paid time off benefits including holidays, vacation, sick and personal time. In addition, we provide the latest technology to support top performance. We provide training with growth and advancement opportunities