Staples Energy, a leading provider of Energy Efficiency Programs, is looking for an NGAT Technicians with exceptional people skills to provide customer support in our continuously changing and fast-paced environment. Knowledge of the energy field is not needed; however, a willingness to learn is vital.
Staples Energy is an energy savings company that partners with local utilities and government agencies to implement direct install energy efficiency programs. "Going green" has caught on immensely, and we're planning on leading the change for more efficient and beneficial energy programs.
We are expanding and opening an office in Hayward! We are looking for a 2-3 Weatherization Specialist to help support our direct install team for the residential Energy Savings Assistance program.
To educate customers on how they can save energy in their home and reduces their utility bills. Remove old equipment and install new energy-efficient measures, primarily home upgrade measures such as new lighting, doors, windows, and insulation.
Daily Tasks Include:
- Skillfully introduce Staples Energy and explain the program to the customer
- Assist Lead Tech with installation of measures: windows, doors, lighting, and minor home repairs
- Identify all material/ equipment needed to complete the project
- Assist Lead Tech with performing all necessary gas appliance tests to ensure safety
- Keep worksite clean and safely dispose of the material
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Attend utility program training and pass required tests
- 1+ years’ experience working with power tools
- Maintain a good driving record and valid driver’s license
- Pass background check and pre-employment drug test
- Mathematical skills
- Proficient spoken and written English
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Participate in evening or weekend support when needed
- Work well both independently and as a member of a high-performance team
- Punctuality and ability to meet daily schedules
- Commitment to quality and customer satisfaction
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
Bonus Points for:
- Spanish speaking
- Experience in carpentry or construction field
- Knowledge of the energy field
- Certified to perform Natural Gas Appliance Tests (NGAT)
- Experience as a weatherization technician
Health insurance including dental and vision coverage. 401K retirement plans and life insurance options. Paid time off benefits including holidays, vacation, sick and personal time. The company provided work van, tools, company cell phone and tablet. We provide training with growth and advancement opportunities.